Pesentation Desk Sheath

sheathmaker

Custom Leather Sheaths
This was posted above in the custom Knife forum, but since it involves a sheath I thought it could go here too.

The knife is ladder pattern damascus by MS Jerry Fisk and the Mesquite burl stand was done by my friend Robert Hensalring of Uvalde, Texas. It is some of the best figured burl I've seen, which is not all that surprising because Robert makes some of the most beautiful Mesquite rocking chairs in the world.

The sheath is, of course Wickett and Craig chestnut and is fully lined with 1.5 oz. split of the same leather. It is mounted on two pins in the base and epoxied full length of the riser for added strength. Both sides of the sheath are identical, so it can display from either side.

Jim Cooper did his usual perfect photography to top off the package. It will be displayed on Jerry Fisk's table at the Blade Show and then make it's way home to Paul Kessler of Chicago, IL

FiskLongHensarling2.jpg

FiskLongHensarling1.jpg

Paul

Last edited:
Now that must be for them there important letters! :)

Zowie, beautiful workmanship Paul, just lovely!
And Coop, excellent job as always on capturing the detail!

G2
oh and Mr Fisk, the knife ain't too shabby either ;) it's quite lovely!

That's just too nice.Wish I had a desk to set it on instead of a workbench.Great work my friend and your two other amigos.Dave:D

Back