PGA #4 for 2/13 -- AK Bowie by Kesar

Kesar did a 10/10 job on this Bowie. The only thing I can find wrong with the entire rig is the frog needs tightening. Great job with fit and finish -- perfect handle. Scabbard is old style leather but tooled and nicely done. 100 year HI superfrog.

We'll deliver this great Kesar Bowie to your door for $115 -- $60 savings that amounts to about 35%.

Another true give away by Pala.

Call or email if interested.

Attachments

• pga #4 for 2-13 -- ak bowie by kesar.jpg
    pga #4 for 2-13 -- ak bowie by kesar.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 351
:)barf:coke spewed onto monitor...)Geez! Holy Toledo! What the??? $60 For a stinking loose frog!

Debt is good...but Uncle...this is rediclious. HIKV is on an epidemic level...spreading through the population like a freaking brush fire and Uncle is holding a fan to it!

Somebody take it!

Pala needs to build a new shop and in Nepal they don't extend credit like here. It's cash on the barrel or no deal. Most of the time not even a check will work even if it's good.

Looking at the pic it struck me that I may have seen a similer blade style to the AK Bowie in something called a Bhuj or "elepahnt knife".
Someone who knows more about Indian and persian weapons will have to check me on this but I think that there is a strong similarity.

It's almost two pounds of dynamite but I still don't think I'd care to tackle an elephant with it.

Coal:

Take a look at Stone's book on arms, if you can. Mine isn't handy, but I think you're correct, at least with regard to blade form. The bhuj typically has a long handle though, IIRC.

I'm glad this one's gone, I was tempted. I went from one purchase last month to two this month - and we're not even half way through.

S.

Originally posted by CoalBlack
Looking at the pic it struck me that I may have seen a similer blade style to the AK Bowie in something called a Bhuj or "elepahnt knife".
Someone who knows more about Indian and persian weapons will have to check me on this but I think that there is a strong similarity.

Sometimes katars seem to have elephant-'connexions' too (esp. the larger ones?), I believe.

B.

Anybody who wants to go after an elephant with katar in one hand and bhuj in the other is welcome to do so -- but not me.

I found a reference to what a bhuj is and the blade profile is almost exactly the same as the AK Bowie. According to Swords and Hilt Weapons a bhuj is an axe. The book didn't have a picture showing the full length of the haft but you have to be right Spence, it would have to have a long handle to be called an axe wouldn't it? In any case it says that they were called elephant knives because most were made with an elephant head moulding at the juncture of the shaft and the blade. Also said that somtimes the shaft also held a concealed dagger. I'll have to go find the book by Stone and see if it contains some full length photos of the thing. Who knows? It could be fun to special order one someday.

I didn't figure anybody in his right mind would try to kill an elephant with any sort of knife.

As the kamis advised when I asked for the paltry little Bagh Marnes to be made: Tell your friends if they want to try to kill a tiger with a knife they would be better off using a khukuri.

... to go after an elephant with katar in one hand and bhuj in the other ...
Pakcik Bill - Should we do so if Kareena Kapoor were attack by a Bull Elephant ... and she were shouting for help ... while we only have Katar and Bhuj? :D Oooo ... mera dil!

She can come to my house if she wants but first I have to give the wife some $$$ and send her on a shopping trip!!!:D

You've got the right idea, Chris. Shall I email your wife you last post?

Uncle,
You call ME the Midwestern Sales Manager??? I mean..Geez...that is brutal, whatcha gonna make him buy??? ;) :p :rolleyes:

Acctually she almost caught me posting that post!!!:eek: :eek: :D

Kareena is very nice but alot of people say that my wife looks like Shania Twain(spelling?)!!!!:D I'm pretty lucky I'd say!!!:p :D

As Austin Powers would say...YEAH BABY YEAH!!!!!:D

Back