PGA #4 for 2/13 -- AK Bowie by Kesar

"Paxton would even turn her down!!"

kareena.jpg

Tsimi, I wouldn't throw her out of the bed for eating crackers.
...Do you think maybe I'm her type?

billthecat.jpg

There was a Nepali gal, Marisa Koirala, daughter of a past prime minister, who went down to India and made it big for awhile in Bollywood who was probably just as good looking (maybe better) than Kareena -- not to take a thing away from Kareena. And, I've run across a few Newari gals in Nepal who were so damned good looking they would stop your breath.

Originally posted by Bill Martino
There was a Nepali gal, Marisa Koirala, daughter of a past prime minister, who went down to India and made it big for awhile in Bollywood who was probably just as good looking (maybe better) than Kareena -- not to take a thing away from Kareena. And, I've run across a few Newari gals in Nepal who were so damned good looking they would stop your breath.

Not the same as Manisha Koirala, is she?

I think that's the same gal, Beo. My memory is fading and I never was worth a damn with names.

Probably is...Manisha is one of my favourites Bollywood actress--hell, one of my favourite actresses in general. Not only is she beautiful, but she's a very talented actress--one of the best I've seen in a long time from any where. I had no idea she was Nepali!...

B.

I think perhaps Dad's political pull may have opened a couple of doors in Bollywood but she took it from there and did pretty well.

Beoram
Manisha Koirala? What's her specs ... or ... maybe you have to post her pict (ie. I remember one old saying that a pict is better than 1000 words!) :D ;) :) :cool:

Pakcik Bill
I hope Makcik Ang Yangdu or my wife or Beoram's won't read this very thread!

May Allaah save us fr the terror of Flying Khukuris! Aamiin!

As keeper of the screen I make certain Yangdu sees only what I want her to see.

and I have no wife..

MANISHA KOIRALA
'Manisha Koirala, 5'4", born on August 11 with Leo as Star, in Nepal/ India. She is Granddaughter of former Prime Minister of Nepal, and She has a brother Siddharth. Her first movie Pheri Didhora (Nepali) and Saudagar (Hindi). She has taken the entire Indian movie industry by storm with stunning performances in 1942 A Love Story, Bombay, Akele Hum Akele Tum, Agnisakshi, Khamoshi, Gupt..., Dil se...
Manisha Koirala established herself firmly in Bollywood - in Hindi filmdom as well in the Tamil cinema - by virtue of some quick excellent movie roles in one film after the other. Her latest hit - Bombay was initially banned in some parts of India as well as in some Muslim countries.'

[she is fabulous in Bombay & Dil se... (From the Heart...) - particularly the latter opposite Shahrukh Khan.

Some good pix:

manisha12.jpg
manisha16.jpg
manisha3.jpg
manisha37.jpg
manisha39.jpg
manisha45.jpg

I guess it was Grandpa rather than Dad -- fading memory but you can see for yourself (thanks to our loremaster) why I liked living in Nepal so much. And, I swear, some of the Newari gals are prettier -- just can't sing and dance as well -- but who gives a damn?

And I don't think I'll display this thread for local consumption.

Some things are better left unsaid -- AND unseen.

Old Uncle Bill devious? Well, maybe when it comes to good looking young gals I might slip now and then.

Manisha is an excellent actress as well - and Bombay and Dil se are excellent films - I highly recommend both if you haven't seen them.

Uncle Bill - do Newaris look different from other Nepalis (who look quite different from one another anyway, or so it seems to me)?

I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere, but what are Pala/Yangdu's 'heritage' within Nepal, if you get what I mean?

Newaris look just like Manisha -- sometimes better. Manisha is a Brahmin.

Pala is dyed in the wool Sherpa, married a Sherpa or Tibetan from Sikkim, so Yangdu, also, is dyed in the wool Sherpa. Mongols -- don't look like the Newaris or other Aryan Nepalis but some are quite attractive as many, many Oriental ladies can be.

Newaris look just like Manisha -- sometimes better. Manisha is a Brahmin.

Pala is dyed in the wool Sherpa, married a Sherpa or Tibetan from Sikkim, so Yangdu, also, is dyed in the wool Sherpa. Mongols -- don't look like the Newaris or other Aryan Nepalis but some are quite attractive as many, many Oriental ladies can be.

Thanks for the info. It's informative how 'race' and language really don't align very well. The Newaris are 'Aryans', related to Indians, no? But Newari the language is in the Tibetan-Burmese so far as I know. But Sherpas, who are racially Tibetan/Mongolian, speak mainly Nepalese (an Indo-Aryan language), right?

B.

I think we can generalize the language statement but it's not cut and dried by any means. Example: Many of the village Sherpas speak the tribal language and have a hell of a time with Nepali. When I run into one of these I find the Nepali they speak almost impossible to understand --and, in fact, educated Nepalis have a hell of a time understanding them also.

I think we can generalize the language statement but it's not cut and dried by any means. Example: Many of the village Sherpas speak the tribal language and have a hell of a time with Nepali. When I run into one of these I find the Nepali they speak almost impossible to understand --and, in fact, educated Nepalis have a hell of a time understanding them also.

Have you got any idea what the tribal language(s) is/are? Are they also Tibetan 'dialects' or other Indo-Aryan dialects? Just curious if you know off the top of your head - I can probably find out.

B.

Back