• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Phil Wilson, SBT, Ingram

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffbird

Gold Member
This is kind of painful, but selling some of my favorites to pay some bills, so not looking for any trades.

74797.jpeg

Skookum Bush Tool in 3V, 4 1/4" lightly used to skin deer but not cut bone, has been sharpened on an Edge Pro with Atoma diamond plate, and with the surfaces taped so they are protected during sharpening. $395.
SPF to bayoubushcraft

Phil Wilson skinner, S110V, 4" micarta cloth, partial tang, very lightly used, excellent condition, but has some scratches from the kydex sheath. The phone camera cannot really pick them up. See photo below which shows one, but there are a few others that are very fine/small so do not show in the photo. $525.

Phil Wilson in Vanadis 10 SuperClean @ 66. 4 1/4" 0.132" thick in front of grip, distal taper with partial tang New, unused, unsharpened. $595 SPF to adamrockcrawler

Phil Wilson in Vanadis 10 SuperClean @ 66. 4 4/4" 0.132" thick in front of grip, distal taper with partial tang New, unused, unsharpened. $595 SPF to Ajack60.

Phil Wilson in Vanadis 10 SuperClean @ 66. 4 3/4" 0.132" thick in front of grip, distal taper with partial tang New, unused, unsharpened. $595 SPF to Mike157

Gene Ingram Spey with scales made of Stellar Sea Cow in D2, 3 1/4", new, unused, unsharpened. $345.

All prices including shipping via USPS insured for the sale price. So, the prices include about $25 for shipping and insurance. Not making an exception after having been burned on here by someone claiming the mailman stole the knife. So, insurance with signature required is included along with the USPS tracking number. I will provide the USPS tracking number at the time of shipping. After that, the risk of a neighbor stealing off the porch is on the buyer. Please provide a secure address for shipping.

All items can be returned for a full refund within three days in the same condition with cost of the original shipping and return shipping on the buyer. Return shipping must include insurance back to my business PO Box, which I know is secure. This does not include taking it camping, making a youtube video, or lending it to Noss for a demo. Well, I might pay to see Noss make some new videos. Again. :)

Thank you for looking, these all are excellent, very nice hunting knives.

edit - added blade lengths and Wilson thickness.

Last edited:
Hi, If you would, a bit more information in the Phil Wilsons; blade thickness, blade length (looks like the third one is a bit longer, partial tang?, handle material?

Thank you,

Mike

Added into the original post the blade lengths and other info as requested.

Thank you, jeffbird. I will take the 4 3/4” bladed Phil Wilson if still available. PM on it’s way. Mike

Mike, ajack sent a pm ahead of yours and I just marked it for him. Would you like one of the others?

Mike157 Mike157 and J jeffbird , during our pm's, it does look like mike157 would prefer the bigger blade, that's fine by me, as I said earlier, it really makes no difference to me. I'll take one of the others.

Thank you, Ajack. If it really makes no difference to you, I will go for the longer blade. As long as you are good with this. Mike

74852.jpeg
74853.jpeg
74851.jpeg
Adding photos of the remaining Phil Wilsons by request. The skinner has some scrathes from the kydex sheath the phone camera cannot pick up. Returns accepted if not happy with it.

Well in shipping several knives out at once, it appears at least one person received someone else's.

If you did not receive the correct one, please let me know and I will pay all of the return costs and make sure you receive the one you wanted and paid for or receive a refund if you prefer.

It was my mix up and I'll will make sure it is made right.

Jeff

>>>If you were going to make right as you say, then why did I have to open a case with paypal?

Because I told you to after you refused to return the knife.
See below in bold. In short for others, I mixed up a mailing of one of the new Phil Wilsons and a SBT. Bayoubushcraft received a new Phil Wilson, $595, instead of the used SBT, $395. I told him I would provide a full refund including all shipping costs as soon as it was returned as I have with the other person who paid for the Phil Wilson but apparently was mailed the SBT. Others, please below. I told PayPal to issue a refund and they have pulled the funds from my account and they told you exactly the same thing. You must return the knife before they will release the refund to you. You paid $395 for a used SBT in excellent condition, but received a brand new Phil Wilson that someone else paid $595 for and wants. He will be refunded in full including all charges, until you return the knife you received in error.

Here is the exchange with personal information removed unless you want to escalate this further, and then others can decide what to do with you holding onto a $600 piece of property that is not yours.

As with all email strings, read from the bottom up. It starts after I sent him a photo of a scratch to make sure it was acceptable and there were no surprises. Apologies for the formatting, just copied and pasted removing only personal indentifying information, but nothing else.

Date: Monday, July 2, 2018 at 3:20 PM
To: "bjt
Subject: Re: SBT photos

See the dispute resolution center open matter. I clicked on “Issue Refund” and they took from there automatically and have placed the funds in escrow pending return of the item, again, that was their automatic response. The refund is there waiting for you. If you do not return it, then that is a different matter. Go check the dispute resolution.

Here is the information in my folder:

July 2, 2018

James T

-negative $383.54

Refund Sent

We're processing the refund and it will be completed on July 6, 2018.

There is an open dispute associated with this transaction. Visit the Resolution Center to view status.

The original purchase was June 29, 2018.

Funded with

$11.46 PayPal balance

$383.54 Wells Fargo PayPal x-

Refunded to

James T

Bjt

Transaction ID

7TX74420AJ2527603

Note to James T

refund issued for the case

Refund details

Total refunded to James T

$395.00

Fee reversal

-negative $11.46

Total paid by you

$383.54

Reply-To: "bjt>
Date: Monday, July 2, 2018 at 3:03 PM
To: Jeff

PayPal has not contacted me with that information at this time so until then I will hang on to the knife. All contact will now go through them. You had your chance for easy resolution.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Mon, Jul 2, 2018 at 1:59 PM, Jeff

<jeff@> wrote:

PayPal has withdrawn funds from my account, which have been put into a hold status for you by PayPal. PayPal now has sole control of the funds, not me. PayPal has notified me that refund being held by PP will be released to you once the item is returned – that is PayPal’s response and policy, not mine.

Date: Monday, July 2, 2018 at 2:34 PM
To: "bjt " <bj >

The difference is that PayPal has protections for buyers, but not sellers.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 2, 2018, at 2:29 PM, Bj wrote:

Then we will open a dispute with PayPal. This is no different than when a purchase is made before shipment. So by proxy you're saying I was,right to trust you and pay for the item before shipment, but you can't return the same courtesy. And yes this message will also be conveyed to PayPal. Good day.

On Mon, Jul 2, 2018 at 1:19 PM, Jeff

<jeff@ wrote:

Just received the photo of the Phil Wilson from you.

As stated earlier, I will refund your payment in full including all shipping, but not until it is returned.

I know of no seller or store that provides refunds without receiving the item first. I have a perfect record with PayPal and everywhere else and if it is returned, you will receive a full refund the day I receive it.

If you will not do that and prefer to open a dispute with PayPal instead, then please do so, and I will send them a copy of this offer to resolve this matter, and we can let them decide how they wish to handle it.

Again, please send it back as it was sent to you via USPS flat rate priority, insured for $595, with my signature required to my business mailing address, which is secure in the branch post office:

Jeff

PO Box

Texas

Once it is received back, you will receive a full refund including all shipping fees.

Respectfully,

Jeff

Reply-To: "bjt>
Date: Monday, July 2, 2018 at 2:09 PM
To: Jeff Mundy <jeff@>

?

On Mon, Jul 2, 2018 at 1:03 PM, Bj T

<bjt> wrote:

Please send your phone number

On Mon, Jul 2, 2018 at 12:56 PM, Jeff

<jeff@> wrote:

I will contact PayPal for their guidance.
Please send a photo of what you received. You may text it if that is easier.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 2, 2018, at 1:52 PM, Bj Townsend <bjt wrote:
>
>
> That is the knife I received. No sir... Absolutely not... I will receive my refund with return shipping before I put this knife in the mail or we can settle the dispute through PayPal. Doesn't matter to me.
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android>
>
> On Mon, Jul 2, 2018 at 12:49 PM, Bj
> <bjt> wrote:
> [cid:CqTd0TtMjbFEqt1LVPso]
>
>
>
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android>
>
> On Mon, Jul 2, 2018 at 12:25 PM, Jeff
> <jeff@j wrote:
> That is fine, happy to do so.
> Please return the knife you receive. I will provide a full refund including shipping once I receive it back.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jul 2, 2018, at 1:08 PM, Bj Townsend <bjt>> wrote:
>
> According to the tracking photo you sent the Phil Wilson will be in the mailbox shortly. The skookum appears,to be in New Mexico. I'll happily send it back to you but I'd rather just get a refund. I won't have access to receive the knife for several weeks and at that point it's not worth worrying about anymore. Thanks anyway.
>
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android<
> On Mon, Jul 2, 2018 at 11:59 AM, Jeff
> <jeff@>> wrote:
>
> My apologies. Which one did you receive?
>
>
>
> Please return, and I will pay the return charges for you and the other person and have the correct knife to you asap.
>
>
>
> Please let me know how much the return shipping is.
>
>
>
> Please send to my business PO Box signature required which is secure.
>
>
>
> Jeff
>
> PO Box
>
> Texas 787
>
>
>
> My utmost apologies.
>
>
>
> Jeff
>
>
>
> From: Bj
> Reply-To: "bj>>
> Date: Monday, July 2, 2018 at 12:44 PM
> To: Jeff <jeff@j>
> Subject: Re: SBT photos
>
>
>
> You sent the wrong knife to the wrong address.
>
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
>
>
> On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 11:46 AM, Jeff
>
> <jeff@> wrote:
>
> You’re welcome.
>
>
>
> Hope it brings many years of happy use.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jun 29, 2018, at 12:45 PM, Bj <bjt>> wrote:
>
> Thank you sir! Those scratches will never be noticed. She'll be spending the summer in Colorado and Utah with me.
>
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android<
>
> On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 11:28 AM, Jeff
>
> <jeff@<mailto:jeff@>> wrote:
>
>
> <20180702_124907.jpg>

Last edited:
And the text received after I provided my phone number to ask for a photo of which knife he received, which caused my concern and really put my antennae up. Takes two screen shots to show the whole string.

Last edited:
Unfortunately you're leaving out everything you said about send the knife back and when I receive it I'll refund your money. By the way PayPal immediately sided with me and the refund is being processed. At that point the knife will ship. All you had to do was provide a refund as you claimed you would have and the knife would be in your possession tomorrow. Your screen shots show nothing because when I look at the dispute center, PayPal is claiming that they've tried to contact you to no avail. By the way I've been trading and selling knives for around 8 years with no issue. Until you tried to dictate the terms of correcting your mistake. If you can't put the right knife in the right box, how can I trust you to send me my money after you receive the wrong knife back. Nice try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back