Phill Hartsfield El Salvador Tanto (CUTTING VIDEO)

Here is another video in a series of videos that I will be doing featuring some of the pieces from my collection

This video is on my prized Phill Hartsfield El Salvador Tanto

There is some cutting and the back story on the El Salvador Tanto that stopped a bullet and saved the original owner

I hope you all enjoy it :)

[video=youtube_share;yBTkMjD5u60]http://youtu.be/yBTkMjD5u60[/video]

Last edited:
Joe, that is some good stuff buddy! I feel privileged to have had the inside scoop :)

It was so great talking with you today, I really, really appreciate your help, advice and the amazing hookup.

You are a real treasure, my friend.

Lorien

I love seeing kids getting involved with archery

What you are doing for your daughter is awesome and archery truly is the gift that keeps giving

Happy shooting to you and yours :)

Joe, I really really enjoyed the video! Thank you for posting it and I look forward to the others.
Kevin

Thank you all

I really can't over exaggerate what an aggressive cutter Phill made

I've cut thru similar matts with big Bowies but this Tanto just sailed through the targets with ease

I never cut anymore or even train with big blades these days ....... This blade is almost like cheating :)

I can only imagine what three fast cuts with this piece would do in a combat situation

It's actually quite terrifying :)

As much as I like big Bowies a well made proper Tanto is very hard to beat as a weapon

Great video.

I was always lucky enough to be local to Phill and really enjoyed talking with him. He has been a big influence on much of my work.

His son had a shop recently and I was able to talk with Phil Jr. last year at a knife show. Sadly his website is down and it appears he is no longer in business.

I found a couple of picts I have of the original

Enjoy

mDFmASv.jpg

H2T5I79.jpg

Last edited:
Great video.

I was always lucky enough to be local to Phill and really enjoyed talking with him. He has been a big influence on much of my work.

His son had a shop recently and I was able to talk with Phil Jr. last year at a knife show. Sadly his website is down and it appears he is no longer in business.

I found a couple of picts I have of the original

Enjoy

mDFmASv.jpg

H2T5I79.jpg

Thank you so much

If you don't mind I would like to edit my video and use these photos in it

Thanks again :)

Of course Joe :thumbup:

That pic really adds to the video thank you A Vigil

Thank you all for the kind words

Back