Phone applets for sharpening knives on budget wet grinders

We've developed iPhone and Android applets for sharpening knives on popular slow wet grinders.
Some of these budget grinders have advanced features absent in Tormek.

WEN BG4270 - reversible rotation
Thanks to the reversible rotational direction of the WEN, you can use our software for both the grinding and honing wheels, and get an exceptional sharpness on your knives.

Holzmann NTS 250PRO - variable speed
This machine attracts by variable speed. Actual grinding wheel speed is 90-160 RPM

Scheppach, all models

Record WG250 & WG200

Jet JSSG-10

Details on our website http://knifegrinders.com.au/11Shop.htm

What happened to "blade thickness matters"? ;)

Here's a calculator... works on any machine, and just about any platform (iOS, Android, Windows, etc.)...

Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator

... open in a browser, save it to your Home Screen (where applicable)... use it like an app. :thumbsup:

For your calculator to work, users must make monthly payments through the Patreon subscription.
Our applets are one-off payment.

Your subscription is $1, $3 and $5 per month.
Compared to your subscription, even at $1 per month our applet pays off in 1 year, while for your Calculator the user must pay and pay and pay till death.

There is also a catch with this subscription that you know about but do not tell people - if one day you do not get enough subscribers, or the company that provides platform for it goes belly up, this your Calculator will be shut down and the users who've been honestly paying for months will lose access to it.

Last edited:
For your calculator to work, users must make monthly payments through the Patreon subscription.
Our applets are one-off payment.

Your subscription is $1, $3 and $5 per month.
Compared to your subscription, even at $1 per month our applet pays off in 1 year, while for your Calculator the user must pay and pay and pay till death.

There is also a catch with this subscription that you know about but do not tell people - if one day you do not get enough subscribers, or the company that provides platform for it goes belly up, this your Calculator will be shut down and the users who've been honestly paying for months will lose access to it.

Haha... technically true... although I don't charge Patrons every month... I just keep enough in the account to fund the Calcapp payment. (And users don't have to pay to use the app...). I'm not making money off of it. Plus, as you know, there are some alternatives available... at no cost... and there are others too, that can be adapted...

But let's not forget the other, more important question... what happened to "blade thickness" matters? That's the part I'm more interested in... as it matters if people are sharpening on different machines.. how is accuracy (or even consistency) maintained?

Back