Photo Thread

oldmanwilly

Gold Member
Howdy there,

I promised David I would post photos months ago but have a nasty habit of not taking pics in the moment. Well the time has now come for a family photo:

vpgIgSX.jpg

The top one is my first David Mary Custom knife and my first ever custom knife. It is ground thin with a sharpened swedge (I was originally concerned about the thin tip but it has stood up to serious use without issue). I ordered it last November and it has lived in the 11 o'clock position of my belt ever since - even carried it in the hospital when my little girl was born. I have a real hard time convincing myself to carry any other fixed blade.

FWZbu0L.jpg

imnfDEC.jpg

The bottom two are semi-custom neckers I snagged from an AEB-L batch. Each is convex ground with a sharpened swedge and light, handy and easy to tuck into any waistband. I usually carry these clipped to my buckaroos.

KUOAwBe.jpg

xYi5HpC.jpg

The little neckers also fly pretty well even if they're not designed for it.

*video wouldn't load properly:
David is a talented man who exhibits the professionalism that should be expected of any BF member. I have several more designs I can't, but sadly must, wait for him to bring to life. If you have a specific design in mind I suggest you reach out to David and he'll set you up nicely.

David Mary

pass the mustard - after you cut it
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Thank you so much for the very kind showcase of my humble work. I never would have guessed those two little beasts would be throwers! Thanks for sharing!

Oh wow, so I need a boot knife like that. How is the Ulticlip attached to the sheath? Did David attach the clip?

David Mary

I did not. Typically, I just make the knife and sheath, though I have been known to make Kydex clips from time to time.

oldmanwilly

Gold Member
I purchased the Ulticlips separately from a knifemaker supply shop. They aren't difficult to find online and you can order a large packet of appropriately sized nuts, bolts and rubber washers for a good price. David's sheaths usually feature holes and grommets that are perfectly suited for such hardware.

David Mary

Onions, the healthy and delicious patina accelerant! Thanks for posting!

Currawong

Platinum Member
My 'tactical kitchen knife' came extremely sharp. I've been using it for food prep a lot and it's scary how well it cuts. I use it to cut chicken bone and pry apart joints, and despite how thin behind the edge it is, it doesn't phase it at all. LC200N !!

IMG-8203.jpg