Pictures here! Photo Thread

nu.jpg

Fourth from your left. Quite the user for the lawn. Works well on shrubbery and dragons.

Picked up a used DM knife this week.

The little unassuming knife might just be the best gardening knife I've used recently..... It spent the afternoon yesterday cleaning up the garden, actually made a harvest of all the lost, unwanted, and forgotten produce.
Perfect for soups, and stir fry.

I never thought I would say this but maybe I should move to Australia!

I don't know about you, but I enjoy living in an area where I don't need to check my shoes for poisonous reptiles, insects, or arachnids every day... I watched The Crocodile Hunter as a kid (Steve Irwin is still of of my personal heroes.).

Plus it would take even longer for my knives I order from you to get here. I will say though that my replacement EDChef made it from Belleville, Ontario to Warsaw, New York in record time!

For everyone except David, (who knows my tragic story), I recently misplaced my original EDChef. In order to expedite it's recovery, and to have a stand in for an irreplaceable piece of cutlery, I contacted David for a new one. As per usual, he came through with flying colors and cranked out a new one in 1084. I've given 3 as gifts, so this makes the 5th I have commissioned. David and his knives pass the "Mom" test, and my "Instant Replacement" test. I can both recommend him to my mother, and if I misplace one feel the need to replace it right away. Those are the gold standards by which I just the knives in my accumulation.

Without further ado, I post an updated family picture.

16378017900882121569069.jpg

EDChef in 1084 on top.
Skinny Fat Bowie in 15n20 in the middle.
Puuko Jitsu in 15n20 on bottom.

Thanks again David, and happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Thought I’d pop in here and show off my DMC “smalls.” Nicely done, and his skills get better with every new knife that arrives.
Enjoying them a lot.

As with most of my new little fixies, it was time to attach fobs. My ritual is to cut the paracord with the knife it is going on to. I can say, these edges are sharp!

200BC7B2-D829-469D-8E80-96A1BF3EE0B9.jpeg

So earlier last year, I started carrying my EDC folder in a pancake belt sheath on my right side.
899145CB-1E6F-4CBC-B110-8AF33992E605.jpeg
This created an issue, as it took up valuable room for having an inverted fixie carried there too.
So with these 2 new “smalls,” one is now set up for CM (inverted carry) for work, and since I lost the belt room, the other is set up for me to try out pocket carry.
3F76489D-AB74-4C89-A623-9A93477620BF.jpeg

David’s sheaths have excellent retention for my carry style, and are very well made.
Thank you, I’m looking forward to putting these through the paces.
Well done, David!

Thought I’d pop in here and show off my DMC “smalls.” Nicely done, and his skills get better with every new knife that arrives.
Enjoying them a lot.

As with most of my new little fixies, it was time to attach fobs. My ritual is to cut the paracord with the knife it is going on to. I can say, these edges are sharp!

View attachment 1725558
Those are all nice - I especially like the middle red & green k-tip/seax.

So earlier last year, I started carrying my EDC folder in a pancake belt sheath on my right side.
View attachment 1725670
This created an issue, as it took up valuable room for having an inverted fixie carried there too.
So with these 2 new “smalls,” one is now set up for CM (inverted carry) for work, and since I lost the belt room, the other is set up for me to try out pocket carry.
View attachment 1725669

David’s sheaths have excellent retention for my carry style, and are very well made.
Thank you, I’m looking forward to putting these through the paces.
Well done, David!

nice looking set ups.....

I'm a hardware junkie, I'm always looking for better screws..... what/where are Those copper slot head screws?

My grail screws would be flathead slot head copper screws.... :D

nice looking set ups.....

I'm a hardware junkie, I'm always looking for better screws..... what/where are Those copper slot head screws?

My grail screws would be flathead slot head copper screws.... :D

Thank you for the kind words.

The screws and posts are a set from Tandy leather. Just google Tandy and you will see their website. :) Hope that helps.

Just received a sweet little pocket fixed blade, leaf shaped blade in 8670. Used it at the bar last night cutting garnishes... mostly limes. For a stout knife capable of more, it sure was shockingly ept at slicing through citrus. As much as I tried to wipe it down after each use, I still managed to sheath it with some lime pulp. Checking it out this morning, I saw the inevitable patina/rust spot. Aw maaaan! Little Balistol took care of it, but it was clear i need to force a patina. This is way too fun of a knife... gotta get it ready for the big show!

I thinly slathered a couple 1 hour rounds of Grey Poupon (of course) on the blade using garbage gin to wipe it "clean" after each time. Seems like the first round made the most impact. 20220129_162119.jpg20220129_162127.jpg

20220129_172652.jpg20220129_172700.jpg

It's such a convenient fixed blade to carry in the pocket so I plan on using this often, and seeing how the patina develops over time. I think I've got a nice "base layer."

Very happy with this knife that, so far, seems much bigger than it's actual dimensions. Truly a job well done. Thanks again David!!20220129_174606.jpg

Back