The REK daily discussion thread :)

I'm digging the faux bolster:thumbsup:

Thanks guys! I can't take credit for the faux bolster design - it was a friend of Sharp & Fiery Sharp & Fiery who had the idea originally!
Not the first time I'd seen it of course, but nifty execution with the texturing:) I went the other way on a Boker Albatross a while back and jigged the "scales"...

img_20170202_120723_edit_1486066471022-jpg.741866

Josh, what have you been up to lately? Wondering if your working on something better then the Microtech, those serrations were perfect!:)
Thanks man! Not a whole lot... getting caught up on mods and grind work so I will have time to work on these fixed blades and the kuros (liners should be coming in this week as well as the fixed blades and scales).

Worked on this the other day... A benchmade aileron that I sterilized and removed the grip marks, modded the spine, ground in a swedge and stonewashed. Here's a factory image vs what I did :)
BM737tt.jpg

i-L2VfjWw-X2.jpg
i-cBb627p-X2.jpg

Didn't take pics of the other work... but I'm working a a SNG reblade today

i-fsLgwQn-X2.jpg

Just finished up that reblade... now to blast and DLC

Here it is before the grind while I was drilling the detent hole and grinding the lock face
i-BLDvCsS-X4.jpg

I always tap the end of the track to make sure I'm just a hair offset... have to take a zoomed in pic w/ my phone to even see it because it's so close to the human eye lol

i-RWK3P9M-X4.jpg

And the end product... well, prior to DLC anyway :)

i-jdvjKts-X4.jpg
i-PkgGjGt-X2.jpg
i-5P9LVXB-X2.jpg

Just finished up that reblade... now to blast and DLC

Here it is before the grind while I was drilling the detent hole and grinding the lock face
i-BLDvCsS-X4.jpg

I always tap the end of the track to make sure I'm just a hair offset... have to take a zoomed in pic w/ my phone to even see it because it's so close to the human eye lol

i-RWK3P9M-X4.jpg

And the end product... well, prior to DLC anyway :)

i-jdvjKts-X4.jpg
i-PkgGjGt-X2.jpg
i-5P9LVXB-X2.jpg
Really nice to see obsession behavior down to this detail. Brings meaning to enough is enough. Very well done and thanks for sharing the details.

Back