Photos of NEW Grinder I'm Making to SELL

Here are some photos of the custom grinder that George is making to SELL. This is his prototype and he will take orders. Will be back later tonite with more details. Carol :)
grindertwo.jpg

grinderthree.jpg

grinderone.jpg

grinderfour.jpg

This is a heavy duty (emphasis on heavy) grinder, all welded design with an extendable arm to handle belts from 72 to 100" for greater versitility.

I am running a 1 1/2 HP motor to a lay shaft which can handle several stacked pullys for variable speeds and a self tensioning belt. Changeovers will take seconds and no tools.

The wheels are mockups from wood but production models will be steel or aluminum with a rubber covered contact wheel, buyer's choice of diameter.

Additional tool arms will be made available for small wheel grinding and flat platen work once I get time to make up prototypes.

I am considering a tool rest as well for those that need one.

Pricing will be less than $800 for the base with out motor, motors can be added based on local availability.

George

Have you ever had one of those "The answer was so simple why didn't I think of it before" moments?

In the middle of last night I woke up thinking about the slight tracking problem with the grinder and the answer came to me. Well I got into the shop today and tried it out and the tracking problem had dissapeared.
I had the proper setup but when the tracking wheel bar is not level while under tension it simply will not work, just a simple question of geometry.

I even tried a grind with a hard wooden wheel on the mockup contact position and it grinds beautifully even without the rubber covering.

I am finally ready to go into production.

George

Back