1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Kizer C01C Sheepdog Ki4488A & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Dec 14 !

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Dec 15 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Photos! Post your CPK photos here!

Discussion in 'Carothers Performance Knives' started by Lorien, Jun 17, 2016.

1. grogimus

grogimus KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 27, 2012
    [​IMG]

Took my EDC with me this morning and a Busse AMS in SR101. I had a Bark River Mini Aurora that I thought would be perfect but I must not have given the edge enough attention, it didn't cut well enough to use.

My buddy and I breasted out the geese, he was using a folding hunter till I handed him the AMS and EDC. I don't think he'd used a knife nuts version of a sharp knife before, he was impressed. He liked the AMS better which I get, it's a more traditional shape and has a narrow profile. I liked the EDC, the forward belly was great for tight cuts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All cleaned up and ready to go again. Pretty sure we all know how great D3V is, but the SR101 sure does take and hold a wicked slick edge also. Took some reprofiling, but well worth it.

[​IMG]

2. gusbuster

gusbuster Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Sorry couldn’t stop myself from posting more pics of my DEF and shark skin PirtleMade sheath.

[​IMG]
    Hard time trying to capture the awesome point with my old IPhone.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    VashHash, JJ_Colt45, m.and and 28 others like this.
  3. mpjustin

mpjustin Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Awesome, is that the buffed double black micarta?

Odog27, Xr6x, Mike157 and 2 others like this.
  4. gusbuster

Aug 30, 2011
    Yes sir! :thumbsup:;)

Oyster, Odog27, Xr6x and 5 others like this.
  5. mb>

mb> Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Super sweet looking sheath Gus. :thumbsup: I’ve heard Mummert clips mentioned, but I’m not familiar with them. Is that an IWB setup, or does it work outside and under the belt? How does the bulk of the sheath strike you if IWB?

JJ_Colt45, Odog27, Xr6x and 5 others like this.
  6. gusbuster

Aug 30, 2011
    It’s a IWB, but I prefer outside and under the belt. I wear a 1/4” leather gun belt and it’s hard to get it thru the Mummert clip when it’s IWB.

Odog27, Xr6x, Mike157 and 4 others like this.
  7. mb>

Sep 24, 2014
    Cracked some coconuts open today. Man those things are tough! The HDFK is tougher.

[​IMG]

VashHash, JJ_Colt45, Oyster and 24 others like this.
  8. gusbuster

Aug 30, 2011
    Hey Mark, I would like to correct my previous statement. I discovered it's actually easy to attach the Mummert clip IWB with my gun belt on. You just slightly lift the titanium clip to get it over the belt and slide it down until the C hook catches. The clip is strong, and it is a secure attachment. The sheath does not feel bulky IWB, it actually feels comfortable. The PirtleMade sheath shows excellent craftsmanship, and it looks like it will provde a lifetime of service.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  9. mb>

Sep 24, 2014
    Thx Gus. :thumbsup:

Odog27, Xr6x, Mike157 and 2 others like this.
  10. SwarthyGnome

SwarthyGnome Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 1, 2018
  11. fonedork

fonedork Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Fixed it for ya

12. SwarthyGnome

SwarthyGnome Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 1, 2018
    Thank you! ❤️

13. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    Look at this crusty oxidized POS I found in the mailbox...better take some sandpaper to it;):D

Screenshot_20190930-152214_Photos~2.jpg Screenshot_20190930-152223_Photos~2.jpg Screenshot_20190930-152218_Photos~2.jpg

14. Nathan the Machinist

Nathan the Machinist KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 13, 2007
    ^ yeah I'd just scrap that if I were you...

JJ_Colt45, Fullflat, duramax and 12 others like this.
  15. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Senditomeforproperdisposal!Senditomeforproperdisposal!Senditomeforproperdisposal!

Fullflat, duramax, fatfrog and 6 others like this.
  16. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    WValtakis

Ok now that’s really cool looking !!!! Thanks for sharing pics :)

Oyster, Odog27, gusbuster and 4 others like this.
  17. XtianAus

XtianAus Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2016
    Fullflat, Odog27, duramax and 4 others like this.
  18. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    D3v is WAY too hard to engrave after it's hardened;)

Oyster, Fullflat, Odog27 and 7 others like this.
  19. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    So you do have limits Chip:eek::)

Fullflat, Odog27, Standard78 and 5 others like this.
  20. WValtakis

May 29, 2004
    Oh, for sure...bash my head into them on a regular basis;) I just make it look intentional :cool::D

Fullflat, Odog27, woodysone and 4 others like this.