Photos! Post your CPK photos here!

I'm trying to track down some Osage. I've never seen it in person or had the opportunity to work with it. Folks rave about it and say in person it is very chatoyant. Photos don't show this quality (of any wood, really) so I'll have to get my hands on some.

I'm trying to track down some Osage. I've never seen it in person or had the opportunity to work with it. Folks rave about it and say in person it is very chatoyant. Photos don't show this quality (of any wood, really) so I'll have to get my hands on some.

I'll see if I can get ahold of some ... I cut a bunch for an old farmer here and I know he sold a good bunch to Amish that have a huge sawmill and make furniture south of town. I'll check with them next time I can get out that way.

I know some of it was nice looking when finished ... it wasn't as chatoyant as some maple or koa but it looked nice.

The biggest part of what I cut is in piles for fence posts.

So far for me the best Osage orange came from logs taken off of my aunts farm in Oklahoma. Other Osage orange that I have purchased online has lacked the gem like glimmer and interesting grain and was less dimensionally stable. I don't know much about wood, I just know it has been hit and miss and the Osage that I saw up myself so far has been the best.

In for all!

^
View attachment 1393233
Something simple for ol’ Bloodlust.

What a coincidence. Our horse Toby is a big fan of carrots and the CPK’s that cut them. :thumbsup:

i-kXCktWk-XL.jpg

i-KgxsTmr-XL.jpg

Phil

So far for me the best Osage orange came from logs taken off of my aunts farm in Oklahoma.

I love Osage Orange. I am all in when you get around to cutting up those logs from your aunts farm. Wait a minute, could this have anything to due with Mystery Wood? If so I beg you to PM me so I can change my DEK1 preorder, or is that cheating;) Here is my example of Osage on a 7 year old user that is aging well

3E387256-A81C-4219-BC61-7DCA133D58A1.jpeg

3955E99C-05DD-4386-A5DD-7FD7F574F6CF.jpeg

Last edited:
Back