Photos! Post your CPK photos here!

Love the EDC sheath who made it?. Toby looks pretty sweet too.

I’m sure the OP will answer. I’m 99.9% sure that’s Horsewright leather sheath. He’s a member on BF and posts over in leather section. Super nice guy and great leather :)

Hey Big DJ,

@duramax is correct. The horizontal sheath was made by Dave Ferry @Horsewright . He posts quite a bit on the Sheaths & Such sub-forum if you want to check out some examples of his work. He makes each sheath to the particular knife for a perfect fit. I have four knives (not CPK's) up with him now for horizontal sheath projects. Very nice gentleman to work with.

Phil

Last edited:
6TQeiyc.jpg

Brought the edc along for a hike. Spotted som reindeer..

At the end of last summer, I wanted to redo my user HDFK so in September 2019 I took it apart and sent various pieces to various places. I just got all the parts back today. Timing couldn't be better as I am taking all the kids on our first family vacation camping as a family unit

So, the HDFK was acid washed by @CPK Mark and stoned and honed by Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist . I dyed the buffed linen micarta scales black, and Josh @razor-edge-knives took the Ti CPK hardware and smoothed the surface, stonewashed then sent them for PVD DLC coating so they have an even matte finish that won't wear off like the black oxide.

Finally the sheath is a custom PRS design that Brian @Sagewood Gear made for me.

09BC2AD8-38C2-4AB0-95D1-E04E93BD4A1A.jpeg
5E738BDB-E393-4F80-BABF-28669FFDFB9F.jpeg
472922E3-FA70-4D4C-A25C-3AEA6739FA78.jpeg
D5B5D73B-F022-462D-82EC-153866549E1A.jpeg
ED4325E2-42F1-4CC5-8582-C3EABEB86ABB.jpeg

I added this pic as an attempt to catch the lines and curvature of the scales. Love it.

D435E945-786C-4052-B2F2-7776BE844C5D.jpeg

Last edited:
At the end of last summer, I wanted to redo my user HDFK so in September 2019 I took it apart and sent various pieces to various places. I just got all the parts back today. Timing couldn't be better as I am taking all the kids on our first family vacation camping as a family unit

So, the HDFK was acid washed by @CPK Mark and stoned and honed by Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist . I dyed the buffed linen micarta scales black, and Josh @razor-edge-knives took the Ti CPK hardware and smoothed the surface, stonewashed then sent them for PVD DLC coating so they have an even matte finish that won't wear off like the black oxide.

Finally the sheath is a custom PRS design that Brian @Sagewood Gear made for me.

View attachment 1396380
View attachment 1396375
View attachment 1396376
View attachment 1396377
View attachment 1396378

I added this pic as an attempt to catch the lines and curvature of the scales. Love it.

View attachment 1396379

:thumbsup: Great combo Justin! Hope you all have a wonderful camping trip.

View attachment 1396380
View attachment 1396375
View attachment 1396376
View attachment 1396377
View attachment 1396378

View attachment 1396379
That turned out absolutely perfect!
Thanks for sharing and enjoy the trip.

View attachment 1396380
View attachment 1396375
View attachment 1396376
View attachment 1396377
View attachment 1396378

View attachment 1396379
That looks great!

Even the Squirrel knows a Great Knife when he sees one :) Poor little guy is trying to figure out how to get it home to make it easier to open his nuts . Or he’s pissed and thinks that might be what cut his home down :rolleyes: That is a GREAT shot :thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 1396380
View attachment 1396375
View attachment 1396376
View attachment 1396377
View attachment 1396378

View attachment 1396379

I really like that sheath. Simple, elegant, small considering the size of the knife.

Back