Photos! Post your CPK photos here!

been on mold patrol for the past couple weeks, trying to squeeze as much time as possible. I was laid out for a month and couldn't really tend to anything at all, so pretty much everything in my life was untended during the crucial time

I had to pull out my OGs this AM for some fondle and ogle time to get my knife juices flowing again. Share and share alike or sumptin like that:)

RQ7fPyx.jpg

^^^ to add a few things just randomly:

If your ol' CPKs (welp, the old ones pre Summer of 2016 were not CPK per se!) look a bit tired and darkened, do not be afraid to use some metal polish on them ever so gently. The UF in Elmax was a bit tired looking with a few dark spots on the steel as it passed through quite a few hands in its life (my own twice!!!) so I gave it a real gentle rub down with Simichrome polish which made it pop like the other two which are original tumble finish. I think that Nathan's tumble finish is really GREAT and very durable despite what Mr. OCD :p may think :D

Nathan, your OGFK is one sexy beech and hard to beat aesthetically, no matter how much you tweaked and R&D'd the FK2 :p

If the World went down on flames and I sold my other 22+ CPKs for a pittance to buy some beer to drown myself in the bathtub, these three will stay for me to perform a coup de gras on myself in that bathtub (Marc you are SOL buddy!).

ETA: I use Q-Tip for spreading the metal polish and even if I get it on the edge which may cause it to dull up a bit, a few passes on the ol' strop will make that edge razor sharp again, so no worries.

Last edited:
You guys do know that this is the:

Photos! Post your CPK photos here!

and not the Random Thought or how to grow weed thread right?

Correct you are, here are a couple pics of my introduction into Nathan and Lorien's work...

A little late into the world of CPK, so far it's just these two and a medium chopper which I didn’t feel like sticking in the dirt for comparison :p

That Osage orange is amazing, I don't think I'm going to be able to make this one a user, but the DEK on the other hand will be well used.

Still on the lookout for an HDFK, and my alarm is set for the boot dagger drop !!

IMG_8116.jpg
IMG_8118.jpg

Winston

Wow !!! Oh man if it hasn’t been called, I call dibs on that Fk toxic green black !!!!

Dunno if he remembers, but I asked about relieving him of those within minutes of the purchase. Always nice to have some hi-vis options though most of the time that ends up being a 550 cord knot hanging off the backside.

Back