This was my own personal 6" fighter

5.jpg~original

4.jpg~original

That was a sweet little knife.

If you're into art knives, this one was pretty cool

Carothersdagger.jpg~original

...never again...
nutter.gif

That's the dagger that's all one piece of steel Nathan? I have marveled at that piece and the ingenuity it must have taken to produce it. Judging by your post and icon used it must have been even more difficult than I had imagined.

from last night's hike;

Lorien, how many of these LCs do you currently have or should I ask you personally use?

I have 3; the first prototype with the original handle design, in A2, and two protos in Delta3V- one with the standard grind and one with a competition grind.
Nathan also set me up with a HeavyChopper, which is a different animal without being overtly different.
All of them get used- a lot! (although I've retired the original prototype, and have been thinking of finding a new home for it)

I think he's got three. Two too many if you ask me. :D

Just kidding, Lorien. It's nice knowing that however many you do have they're all getting used and likely to their potential. I find that comforting.

I have 3; the first prototype with the original handle design, in A2, and two protos in Delta3V- one with the standard grind and one with a competition grind.
Nathan also set me up with a HeavyChopper, which is a different animal without being overtly different.
All of them get used- a lot! (although I've retired the original prototype, and have been thinking of finding a new home for it)

Will you please be posting a head to head between the LC and the HC? I looked up your YT channel but didn't see one. I know that the HC version is not offered for sale per se, although I have seen them mentioned on Nathan's table when he was at Blade. No other purpose for the head to head other than gleefully drooling so if it should take too much of your time, it's no problem to not spend time on this request ;)

I think he's got three. Two too many if you ask me. :D

Just kidding, Lorien. It's nice knowing that however many you do have they're all getting used and likely to their potential. I find that comforting.

I was very fortunate to score one and I'm so marveled by it that I'm totally being a chicken little about using it! And I know that is something that Nathan does not want to hear, but it is now my LC :p (oh shoot, he knows where I live) Seriously though, I'm really looking forward to scoring one of Nathan's FKs too and i was wondering if Lorien has those in his possession and whether he uses them and has any videos? If I land a CPK-FK, that will definitely be a user but the CPK-LC will remain sheathed till a multi day camping trip or some other outdoor escapade up North.

Will you please be posting a head to head between the LC and the HC? I looked up your YT channel but didn't see one. I know that the HC version is not offered for sale per se, although I have seen them mentioned on Nathan's table when he was at Blade. No other purpose for the head to head other than gleefully drooling so if it should take too much of your time, it's no problem to not spend time on this request ;)

sure thing! The HD is on loan at the moment, but I will be putting something together in the next couple of weeks

Back