Photos! Post your CPK photos here!

because I like the photo.

For me, it's a little bit problematic for a couple of reasons. One, there's the unavoidable politics and politics bring out the worst in everyone so we try to avoid them here. And two, there's the uncomfortable and inescapable truth behind some of it which, when you accept that some of it is true, there are some other uncomfortable truths that naturally follow. No me gusta.

We have a forum here on BF for discussion of these things but it is over run by fringe elements on one extreme side and has become an echo chamber, and there are some unhinged people (Qanon type drivel) in some of those echoes. It's unfortunate. I have contemplated having a thread here on my sub for a more balanced exchange of ideas, but I realized one cannot pick up a turd by the clean end. So we will drop it.

Last edited:
For me, it's a little bit problematic for a couple of reasons. One, there's the unavoidable politics and politics bring out the worst in everyone so we try to avoid them here. And two, there's the uncomfortable and inescapable truth behind some of it which, when you accept that some of it is true, there are some other uncomfortable truths that naturally follow. No me gusta.

We have a forum here on BF for discussion of these things but it is over run by fringe elements on one extreme side and has become an echo chamber, and there are some unhinged people (Qanon type drivel) in some of those echoes. It's unfortunate. I have contemplated having a thread here on my sub for a more balanced exchange of ideas, but I realized one cannot pick up a turd by the clean end. So we will drop it.
It is important to vote...I vote that you produce many more knives (and thrill us with all the clever design details).

Hey everybody. The 7 inch fighter was a collaboration between me and Nathan. I had some sticks of 3V and wanted to do something badass with them. Originally it was going to be a smaller fighter, but then Nathan said let’s make a bigger one. The result was a 7 inch fighter, Built off of the UF frame, so that the scales were compatible. The blade shape was also changed quite a bit. Mr. Betzner was in the right place at the right time. If I recollect correctly, I had eight blanks with a ninth that didn’t clean up completely. Bob’s is the first and only one complete so far and is unique as it is the Prototype, ground with a 2 inch wheel for the top grind and a 10” wheel for the primary. It will be the only one with the 2” top grind. While the rest are spoken for, there will be some sick collaborations coming from us soon. Really sick

I like the idea of a smaller one. I get why Nathan suggested larger, though, since the DEK exists.

Yes, WD-40 works quite well. I had 99% of the sap off the blade within a minute of starting to clean it. I’d imagine that really nasty splotches of it may take some soaking. Mike
Anything with solvent properties works well on sap. WD40, Goo Gone, Zippo Lighter fluid (I've never smoked, but I still have the same can of Zippo lighter fluid (still ~1/2 full) that I bought ~20 years ago to clean off gum that some ignorant asshat stuck on my car.

The Zippo lighter fluid made removing the gum super easy. The car had been baking in the summer sun and the gum had melted to stick hard to the paint. I asked a detailer buddy what he recommended for removing the gum and he said, "Zippo lighter fluid". I replied, "Are you serious, or just pulling my leg?". He said, "No. It really works well. Soak a paper towel with Zippo lighter fluid and lay it on the gum for ~30 seconds. It'll wipe right off. Then just reapply your car wax". Yep. It DID literally wipe right off.

Worked just as well on tree sap on the paint from parking under the wrong tree.

P.S.
I posted somewhere in the random thread about using Mother's CMX Ceramic Auto Protectant on the car, and how well it held up, so I figured I'd try it on the snow shovel to see if the it would stop the snow from sticking. It did. So I applied it to the snowblower (auger, chute etc. And half of the exterior, to see how much difference it made; coated vs uncoated).

Snowblower never came close to clogging while clearing my driveway and my elderly neighbor's. The funny part was after I was done. I took a battery powered leaf blower to the coating of snow on the snowblower, before putting it back in the garage. The outer half that I'd applied the CMX polish to came squeaky clean with the leaf blower, where the uncoated half had a coat of snow stuck to it. Gonna coat the other half too, now.

That longwinded bit was just to say, if someone isn't planning on using their K18 for extensive food prep, coating it with any of these newer Ceramic auto coatings might help make sap removal even easier (not to mention a little added corrosion resistance).

QGDmyE6h.jpg

trevitrace trevitrace Cuts like a light saber. Such a pleasure to use!

I switched to the Cavalry draw for conceal carrying my UF. Bill Bagwell used this method. I know Eric Fonedork Fonedork uses it too. It works better for longer blades.You place the knife edge forward on your strong side, internally rotate as you grab the knife, and externally rotate after you clear the sheath. You can also just draw it in reverse grip. I put a reverse Mummert clip on my Pirtlemade sheath, and a regular one on my Mashed Cat.

XfXzoMn.jpg

NcFzBMY.jpg

gk1ZbcR.jpg

Gratuitous DEF pics 🙂
OcYtTqi.jpg

p3E4es5.jpg

Last edited:
Back