Pic request

CAD

Would someone be so kind to post a picture of the Bushnub with a pro/custom HB? I own a production HB and I'm thinking of picking up a Bushnub.

Thanks!

Chris D. :D

20170820_202308-vi.jpg

Reactions: CAD
Could someone explain the differences between the Bushnub 1 and Bushnub 2

Thanks

Chris D

C CAD Yes, plus some info I got from Phillip ....

The Bushnub was a guardless model made a while back and I guess it sold ok but folks wanted a guard on it so they made a guarded version which is the Bushnub II. However, instead of making a new template for the Bushnub II, Allen modified the Bushnub template into the Bushnub II template which pretty much takes some blade and belly away to get that guard. So the Bushnub II has the same handle but a blade not as tall as the original Bushnub plus it has the guard. I learned this when I was hinting to Phillip that they ought to make more of the old style Bushnubs and he told me there was no longer a template for them.

Then I (kinda, in a nice way) pested the crap out of Phillip until he brought in his personal Bushnub so they could trace it and remake a template for the old style again. (poor Phillip) :D I am very thankful it is again resurrected and that folks seem to like it these days. Thanks Phillip and Bushnub fans, and Andy of course!

Note: I have both the Bushnub and the Bushnub II and really like both varieties. My vote is that you don't decide which you like better ... just get 1 (or more) of each. There are things to like about each of them. Sometimes more belly is preferred and sometimes a guard + not as tall blade is preferred.

The Bushnub was a guardless model made a while back and I guess it sold ok but folks wanted a guard on it so they made a guarded version which is the Bushnub II. However, instead of making a new template for the Bushnub II, Allen modified the Bushnub template into the Bushnub II template which pretty much takes some blade and belly away to get that guard. So the Bushnub II has the same handle but a blade not as tall as the original Bushnub plus it has the guard. I learned this when I was hinting to Phillip that they ought to make more of the old style Bushnubs and he told me there was no longer a template for them.

Then I (kinda, in a nice way) pested the crap out of Phillip until he brought in his personal Bushnub so they could trace it and remake a template for the old style again. (poor Phillip) :D I am very thankful it is again resurrected and that folks seem to like it these days. Thanks Phillip and Bushnub fans, and Andy of course!

Note: I have both the Bushnub and the Bushnub II and really like both varieties. My vote is that you don't decide which you like better ... just get 1 (or more) of each. There are things to like about each of them. Sometimes more belly is preferred and sometimes a guard + not as tall blade is preferred.
Thank you Warrior108 Warrior108 for pestering the crap out of phillip!! The guardless Bushnub was an excellent resurrection to behold. I do like the Bushnub 2 too but the extra belly/guardless OS does it for me.

I love stories like this. The crew really is made up of good guys. This is just further confirmation. :)

I like the looks of the original Bushnub. For my uses, a Bushfinger just is too large. The Bushnub looks just about right. I hope to check one out one day. :thumbsup:

I love stories like this. The crew really is made up of good guys. This is just further confirmation. :)

I like the looks of the original Bushnub. For my uses, a Bushfinger just is too large. The Bushnub looks just about right. I hope to check one out one day. :thumbsup:

Yep! Another recent example was the suggestion for a scaled down OS Ladyfinger and Andy delivered with the Lil Lady.

The Bushnub was a guardless model made a while back and I guess it sold ok but folks wanted a guard on it so they made a guarded version which is the Bushnub II. However, instead of making a new template for the Bushnub II, Allen modified the Bushnub template into the Bushnub II template which pretty much takes some blade and belly away to get that guard. So the Bushnub II has the same handle but a blade not as tall as the original Bushnub plus it has the guard.

C CAD , here are some pictures of Warrior108 Warrior108 's Bushnubs (original and II) to help illustrate his descriptions. They're the 4th, 5th, and 6th knives here (starting with the Green one):

IMG_2249%201.jpg~original

IMG_2054.jpg~original

Left to right-- 5/32" Bushnub, Tapered Tang (TT); 3/32" Bushnub II, Skeletonized Full Tang (SFT); 5/32" Bushnub II, TT

IMG_2053.jpg~original

The same pattern, the Bushnub II, with marvelous variation from knife to knife:
IMG_2057.jpg~original

With my Bear Cub, third from the bottom:
IMG_2196.jpg~original

IMG_2199.jpg~original

5/32" TT Bushnub, 1/8" TT Bear Cub, 5/32" TT Bushnub II, 3/32" SFT Bushnub II

Handle profile pictures relative to my Bear Cub:

IMG_2203.jpg~original
IMG_2205.jpg~original
IMG_2207.jpg~original

Warrior108 said:

One cannot go wrong with such advice! :D However, I do prefer the original Bushnub to its successor, aesthetically and in hand; for me the taller handle leads to a roomier feel, and the blade shape is more swoony. More of my impressions here, the last quarter of the linked post.

Hope this helps. :)

~ P.

C CAD , here are some pictures of Warrior108 Warrior108 's Bushnubs (original and II) to help illustrate his descriptions. They're the 4th, 5th, and 6th knives here (starting with the Green one):

IMG_2054.jpg~original

Left to right-- 5/32" Bushnub, Tapered Tang (TT); 3/32" Bushnub II, Skeletonized Full Tang (SFT); 5/32" Bushnub II, TT

IMG_2053.jpg~original

IMG_2057.jpg~original

IMG_2196.jpg~original

IMG_2199.jpg~original

IMG_2203.jpg~original
IMG_2205.jpg~original
IMG_2207.jpg~original

One cannot go wrong with such advice! :D However, I do prefer the original Bushnub to its successor, aesthetically and in hand; for me the taller handle leads to a roomier feel, and the blade shape is more swoony. More of my impressions here, the last quarter of the linked post.

~ P.[/QUOT

IMG_2054.jpg~original

IMG_2053.jpg~original

IMG_2057.jpg~original

IMG_2196.jpg~original

IMG_2199.jpg~original

IMG_2203.jpg~original
IMG_2205.jpg~original
IMG_2207.jpg~original

~ P.

Thanks, pertinux pertinux !!

I love the Bushnub and is often over looked. The BN2 is similar to the Bear Cub which I already have one

Back