Photos Picked Up a Leatherman Rev

The main reason I decided to buy it is because it has a pocket clip and my LM Super Tool 200 doesn’t have a pocket clip, and I am going to be using the Rev 5 days a week at work for lite/medium use on various things that need adjustment or quick fixes.

First thing I noticed when I opened the package is that I really like the size of the Rev,(not too big/not too small), it is comfortable to carry at work while also carrying a folding blade in my other pocket, the Rev is not heavy to carry all day at work. The blade opens smoothly one handed with my thumb nail.

I know this is not anything very special of a MT but it is much better than any cheap multi tool from the auto parts store. So far I’ve carried it one day at work and it worked good for the few things I had to fix.

0607_F665-8948-471_D-_A10_A-_FB1_C8047_E071.jpg

B849_A437-_DB87-4740-96_BB-_F4_FABAF1_ECD3.jpg

D639_CE61-_A1_D5-46_DB-82_EC-_AC98_CC2_BB746.jpg

4_EE372_A2-597_B-4_D42-_B562-_A1_B22_AC799_AE.jpg

31_CF1385-225_F-4_DDE-_B5_B8-0213_E14_D3_F9_A.jpg

I’ve been hearing some people complaining about the Rev, but it doesn’t seem that bad, And mine doesn’t have any blade play what so ever. Been hearing about them developing blade play but maybe tightening the pivot screws should fix that.

The Rev is what it is, It’s the readily available lower priced MT that you could pick up quick at the big box store. I should have bought the Sidekick a long time ago when they were at the same price as the Rev. Planning on eventually getting a Sidekick or Rebar, but the Rev has a good compact size and weight.

I have one of these and for a while I wished I had picked up a bigger brother like the Wingman or Sidekick but as the OP already suggested it is a nice size. I can live without the sizzors and part serrated blade of the Wingman but the saw could come in useful on the sidekick.

For an everyday knife/plier multi with a few extras I think its a good tool. The pocket clip is a winner, I don't know I have it on me and combined with the smaller footprint its pretty good innthe pocket. I just wish they had made the knife one hand opening lile the other models, don't know why they did that?

I have a rev that I keep in a survival kit. It definitely does not have the tool set or the quality or the cool factor of my Leatherman Wave but it is $60 cheaper. I see the rev for what it is. A low cost backup multi tool that has good function and quality for a great price.

Been using it everyday at work for a couple of weeks now and it is really handy every day for small things that need to be fixed. The only thing I found wrong with it is the pocket clip is not very good, I made the mistake of letting my co-worker use it and he broke the pocket clip. the middle piece in the clip broke off. I fixed it with gorilla glue to make the clip hold in place better.

Back