Pics of customized production knives

Old School.Restored from house fire.
DSCN0690.jpg

That one is a production P-tac reground by Tom Krein. :thumbup:

Freaking excellent. :D :thumbup:

I had a plan to get my satin Persian by having Tom Krein regrind a production model for me. I'm glad to see that it produces such an excellent result.

Just out of curiosity - does Tom always put that bulldog logo on his regrinds? I love his work, but I'd rather not have it on the blade if it is an option.

Old School.Restored from house fire.
DSCN0690.jpg

That's a beauty ! I always have a soft spot in my heart for a well-used knife with battle scars. I don't know what the story with this one, but it looks well-used, and definitely has "battle scars" to enchance its character. A true beauty indeed ! :) :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

The good old ZT300 with a full satin finish, reprofiled and convexed blade.
attachment.php

Man High polish that blade and the knife is literally a DREAM. I hate the ZT's blade shape that's about the only thing stopping me from getting a 0300. The weight is heavy and I think I could deal, but the blade....

That's a beauty ! I always have a soft spot in my heart for a well-used knife with battle scars. I don't know what the story with this one, but it looks well-used, and definitely has "battle scars" to enchance its character. A true beauty indeed ! :) :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks,I love working on old knives.A buddy sent me a boxfull of blades that his friend lost in a fire.Here's another one.
DSCN0333.jpg

Hahahaha, I was looking at this exact knife, the Buck/Strider 882 SBTG, on ebay and wondering if it would even be conceivably worth while to pop off the G10+Linerlock and craft up a beefy Ti framlock.

And then I come over here and sure as shit some one else has done it! I was really happy to see it, but I've been wondering, how does it feel in hand and were the Performance gains worth the price?? Did you mod anything else on it??

Also, considering the low-rider clip, is this STR's work on the framelock?? (haha, upon closer inspection of the 2nd photo, you can see "STR" scratched into the mid-inside of the Ti frame)

Nice!

Last edited:
What a great thread!

This is a Spyderco Delica in Cocobolo. This Spyderco Delica 4 with Cocobolo wood was made for me by a talented custom knife maker in the Czech Republic. His name is Roman and you can see his other works of art at his website http://customspyderco.com/

You can see more photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cougar337/sets/72157621320178691/

3717893989_57e3a96fb2_z.jpg

3718709078_8d674d2140_z.jpg

3717895347_e3ea4da094.jpg

3718710004_b3ba7b53a1.jpg

Spyderco Lava Alien engravings also done by Roman
4477650932_f7d9ffde9f_b.jpg

4476875881_734cfee546.jpg

4476875765_e0e7ec1e37_b.jpg

4476875991_02be067e7b.jpg

More photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cougar337/sets/72157612676371727/

Last edited:
That is the greatest spyderco knife on the planet!!! if that was production i'd buy 20 of em! i am an old skool aliens fan...very nice work!

This is the only modded production knife I own (I think). It's a Victorinox Farmer with HAIII scales, scissors and pocket clip added.

knifecollectionsaksscib.jpg

Of all the beautiful knives in this thread I keep coming back to this one. Did SOSAK do the clip on this too or STR? Really sweet looking knife!

Hope you don't mind me using your picture here Phillip.

A Benchmade Matriarch I sent to the talented Phillip Dobson for new handle inlays and ended up getting it completely redone. It was my fathers first quality knife and one of his favorites but it was definitely in need of some work after so many years of service. Mr. Dobson went above and beyond with this, amazing work.

IMG_6831.jpg

Back