Pics of customized production knives

Here are a couple I modded. Nothing spectacular though.

IMG_2898.jpg

The Busse SS I took the recerve out of the blade and convexed it, and stripped it.

The GW below that one is just convexed with a polished blended convex to the flat grind (the glow dots were added by some one else, but I am thinking getting longer lasting glow power and re doing it.)

The green handled knife I actually made out of 5160 bar stock. It was cut, filed, and shaped, and heat treated all without any power tools. Files, sandpaper, and even a hand crank drill (that I have had for ever). (the steel was from this forum). Not really a "production mod" but it is in the pic, and thought I would explain.

The CS recon 1 folder, I just convexed the edge and rounded the tanto point a bit. Not much of a mod.

Made up some sheaths for some of them as well.

IMG_2897.jpg

The green handle has a new sheath with a clip. But my camera is on vacation right now.

here is how the green one began
Picture025.jpg

This is what the SS looked like when it was born.
IMG_0561.jpg

Last edited:
I also thought it was a tanto.;)
Looking at the pic of the knives. If you look at the knife in its sheath it really looks like a tanto.:D

Izzat glow in the dark?

No it's not glow in the dark, I just saw in a previous post that it was black/green micarta dipped in dye because it wasn't green enough... It sure is now!!! Very sweet job on that.

Here are a few re-handle jobs I did when I had some extra time. I added finger grooves to the 110 that have the shape of the 560's FG's. These pics where taken while in the middle of working on them.
The 301's plastic scales were replaced with stag antler.

They are not perfect, but not too bad for my 2nd and 3rd time. :D

Wow, that box elder looks really sharp. Some of this stuff almost makes me feel embarassed to show off my little projects. Almost :D

A dragonfly w/ orange g10 front scale. Left it stainless on the back.
IMG_6035.jpg

03.jpg

Somebody pinch me!

That one belongs in the BF Hall of Fame!

aye. that's actually one of very few folders i'd like to own.

and i'd use it too.

i like what some people have done. the engraved Aliens scales are awesome. a set of them on a PXL would rock.

Back