Pics of Pairs--Large and Small Versions of the Same Model

Very, very nice..

As someone is who eyeing the Endura and the Delica, how does one decide when they can't have both!

Research says they are both great and can't go wrong with either one...

Decisions, decisions... also noticed both are plain edge, no edge combo/serrations..

For choosing one over the other, it really comes down size and your preference for what you want to carry. The Delica's just a junior Endura. I have one of each in both FRN and Pakkawood. My preference is for the larger knife, but the Delica's a nice smaller carry too.

As to serrations, with a quick Google search I found combo edges and full serrations available from multiple sellers in both models.

M390 Ritter Griptilians

tRT221I.jpg

Hard to understand how the new Stonewashed DLC looks until you see it in person. These are my two favorites right now.

dJuvRB5.jpg

Nice pair of XMs there! Who makes the marbled CF scale?

I carried my Hap40 Endura today which I bought new a month or so ago along with its little brother Delica. I was reminded of this thread I started about 4 years ago, came over for a look, and was surprised to see there'd been some posting here by familiar members as recently as a couple months back. As that won't make another contribution too necromantic, I'll find a pic or two of this latest large/small pairing of mine and maybe there could be a bit more life left in this fun old thread.

obxhjTN.jpg

N8IkR54.jpg

Looking good in wood brother! Here's my pair along with a few others.
IMG_9048.jpgIMG_9049.jpgIMG_9050.jpgIMG_9051.jpg

Do the pairings have to be matchy matchy or are different finishes/scale colors a go also? I could have some fun with this thread!

Thread is very relevant to my interests considering what's on the way. I'll be completing a tri-fecta of these duos that I've been working on for a few years. Couple flies in the ointment but as long as the post office doesn't burn down I'll be posting it here Friday after work.

Edgeoflife Edgeoflife --knives don't have to be matchy matchy, though if they are that's cool. Different scales or colors are fine as are same or similar models from the same maker. Just larger and smaller. It's not like there are rules here anyway and there's 20 pages back there to get the gist of it. ;)

Nice pair of XMs there! Who makes the marbled CF scale?

Looking good in wood brother! Here's my pair along with a few others.
View attachment 1352428View attachment 1352430View attachment 1352432View attachment 1352439

Do the pairings have to be matchy matchy or are different finishes/scale colors a go also? I could have some fun with this thread!
That was a RC Bladeworks Marbled CF scale before he stopped working with CF. However, I'm pretty sure he got a new setup and is doing it again.

I carried my Hap40 Endura today which I bought new a month or so ago along with its little brother Delica. I was reminded of this thread I started about 4 years ago, came over for a look, and was surprised to see there'd been some posting here by familiar members as recently as a couple months back. As that won't make another contribution too necromantic, I'll find a pic or two of this latest large/small pairing of mine and maybe there could be a bit more life left in this fun old thread.

obxhjTN.jpg

N8IkR54.jpg
Hell yes with the Pakkawood. Where's the Police4 at? :)

Hell yes with the Pakkawood. Where's the Police4 at? :)
Your linked pics of your two that you posted almost two and a half years ago in this thread actually lit the fire that's smoldered since and ended with me finally buying my pair. :D So what's this about a Police 4? Does such a thing exist in Pakkawood?

For choosing one over the other, it really comes down size and your preference for what you want to carry. The Delica's just a junior Endura. I have one of each in both FRN and Pakkawood. My preference is for the larger knife, but the Delica's a nice smaller carry too.

As to serrations, with a quick Google search I found combo edges and full serrations available from multiple sellers in both models.

For EDC do you find any issues with the Enudura? Of if your carrying the Delica for EDC, ever find yourself wishing you had more knife?

Did some research and now I see there might be a middle ground called the Endela, wow, the knife world doesn't stop does it? Decisions, decions..

Also regarding the serrations, I was more curious as to your personal take on it, since both of yours were fixed blade I was curious as in it seems you don't ever need or desire a combo edge right?

For EDC do you find any issues with the Enudura? Of if your carrying the Delica for EDC, ever find yourself wishing you had more knife?

Did some research and now I see there might be a middle ground called the Endela, wow, the knife world doesn't stop does it? Decisions, decions..

Also regarding the serrations, I was more curious as to your personal take on it, since both of yours were fixed blade I was curious as in it seems you don't ever need or desire a combo edge right?

I just re-read your earlier post and obviously mistook your meaning regarding serrations. I generally don't care much nor find a lot of use for them. I've bought maybe a half-dozen combo-edge knives over the years and have kept three that are very occasional work users--an Ontario RAT 1, a BMK Griptilian, and a Spyderco Tenacious--serrations being good for sawing through heavy line or pallet bands but not much else in my regular use. FYI, non-serrated blades are referred to as "plain" not as "fixed" which is the term for a non-folding knife.

As to size, I much prefer larger knives both for more cutting edge and better grip for my beat-up old carpenter's mitts. I've got a bunch of smaller knives that get carried some but am usually apt to find myself wishing I had "more knife" than less in most situations. I find having more straight blade between the belly and the ricasso to usually be of greater use. Reaching into my knife drawer for one I would generally reach for the Endura over the Delica.

I just re-read your earlier post and obviously mistook your meaning regarding serrations. I generally don't care much nor find a lot of use for them. I've bought maybe a half-dozen combo-edge knives over the years and have kept three that are very occasional work users--an Ontario RAT 1, a BMK Griptilian, and a Spyderco Tenacious--serrations being good for sawing through heavy line or pallet bands but not much else in my regular use. FYI, non-serrated blades are referred to as "plain" not as "fixed" which is the term for a non-folding knife.

As to size, I much prefer larger knives both for more cutting edge and better grip for my beat-up old carpenter's mitts. I've got a bunch of smaller knives that get carried some but am usually apt to find myself wishing I had "more knife" than less in most situations. I find having more straight blade between the belly and the ricasso to usually be of greater use. Reaching into my knife drawer for one I would generally reach for the Endura over the Delica.

My apologies for not being more clear on what I was trying to ask but thanks for the reply, the input here is what I was looking for.

Been researching knives and the consensus seems combo edges aren't too popular but no one really says why, I can imagine probably cuz they are harder to sharpen up so was looking for real world feedback which you provided, thanks!

Got it narrowed down between Endura, Endela, and Bareknuckle.. decisons, decisions..

Back