Picture thread of EDC Fixed blades.

Ive had an itch for EDC sized fixed blades lately, so id like to start a picture thread since there isnt an official one. I dont have any yet, but i do have a KFU wide blade EDC and an ESEE Izula 2 coming in tomorrow probably. I will take pictures then. But for now, lets see what you got!

pocketfixed.jpg

Left to right:
Fiddleback Karda (three-finger)
RAT Izula
Bark River Pro-Scalpel II
KA-BAR/Becker BK-11

Fascion - Whats your favorite out of those? or what sees the most use?
Favorite? That's a toss-up between the Karda and the Pro-Scalpel II.
The Karda sees a lot of use in the kitchen.
The Pro-Scalpel II doesn't get as much use these days, but of the four, still feels the best in-hand.

Sees the most use? Hand over fist, the BK-11, which sees carry daily (old pic, btw. It's wrapped now.) Oddly, probably my least favorite of the bunch.
Why? I prefer tip-up neck carry most of the time for EDC fixed blades. The kydex I have for the Karda is a bit too tight for my liking. The Pro Scalpel II lacks kydex altogether right now and I rarely carry it in the tip-down configuration of it's now modified original sheath. And though I believe I would prefer the Izula to the BK-11, but I just don't know yet--I never got around to actually using it before RAT became ESEE, and I've just kept it in like new condition for some silly reason ever since.

I carry a few different fixed blades, but this is my EDC work beater.

A CS pendleton lite in a kydex rig by GrinderMcgee.
Sheath.jpg

At some point along the way these started to gather and take over my knife chest

Alan Davis Mini EDC
Aland+mini+edc+(9).JPG

JK Baby Kephart
103_7750.JPG

JK Anniversary EDC
IMAG0104+%282%29.JPG

Bk11 (since handled, stripped and skystorm sheathed)
103_0014.JPG

An unnamed forged edc, Another Alan Davis, BK11, Esee izula
103_0024.JPG

BHK Maverick Colt
BHK+Maverick+Colt+(2).JPG

Don't have it yet but this is next :

JK Toby's Knife
025-4.jpg

Last edited:
Modded Swamp Warden:
022-1.jpg

With homemde pocket sheath:
022-2.jpg

Modded Busse:
005-8.jpg

And the usual suspects, BRKT Bravo, Becker, Swamp Warden, Izula...
005-4.jpg

these are awesome. KY - How do you like those JKs? I really like the look of his knives.

BryFry - I want to do the same to my izula. Whatd you use? just progressive grits of sandpaper?

dsc00922ss.jpg

Top to bottom:
Dennis Cook outback
Barry Dawson deep notch skinner
benchmade 211 activator

my edc is the Barry Dawson, the ergos is off the charts, it simply melts in my hands.
ive sinced gifted away the dennis cook knife to a friend whom appreciates knives.
the BM 211 ive never carried, the handle is just too small and thin for comfortable use.

Last edited:
these are awesome. KY - How do you like those JKs? I really like the look of his knives.

BryFry - I want to do the same to my izula. Whatd you use? just progressive grits of sandpaper?

Live my JKs, hard working and goo looking, great bunch f guys on his forum to chat about them with to, :)

BryFry: that does look awesome

Whats the one on top if i can ask?

that would be a Dennis Cook Outback, i think its called. its made of 5160, i think he also makes them in L6 steel as well.
Dennis Cook is the husband of Lynn Dawson, who is Barry Dawson's niece.
all their knives can be seen on barry dawsons website.
Barry the great guy that he is, gave me a deal i couldnt pass up on the two knives at a recent show.

Back