Pictures here! Redmeadow picture thread

Congrats, Dylan!
Nice scores (disregard my question to you in the "totin'" thread. I figured out where you got it).
Out of the 8 Serranos, you and I have the only 2 with a lanyard hole :thumbsup:

Serrano cross-draw by Pine Moon, on Flickr

Thank you, my friend. I've been thinking about making up a braided leather thingy with a cool bead or something for mine. If I had ordered it myself, I might have refrained from having the hole but it is perfectly executed, I might as well dandy it up.

i’m excited that it’s almost warm enough to smoke a “normal” cigar. in the winter, as yiu guys have said, i like a quick smoke. i’ve tried several, but i like these little undercrowns....

View attachment 1316102

Thanks Todd! Being Drew Estate, I bet those are good! Might pick up some of those too.

I am a big fan of the Drew Estate Undercrowns - I have a few big'uns in my humidor. I didn't know they also had cigarillos, definitely will need to pick some of those up.

Zcjx0rW.jpg

Seeing as though this is a "picher thread", thought I would bump it.

I am now the proud owners of a couple of Redmeadows - thanks, in no small part, to the very OP of this thread, Todd.

Definitely a couple of users, a Model 1 and a Serrano. After rubbing them down with some 0000 steel wool, oiling the handles and sheaths, they are ready to continue their long lives as terrific tools. Honestly, I am super thrilled with them - they are light, thin, and comfortable in hand. I couldn't be happier with them and am looking forward to using them on a daily basis. My wife is even a fan of the Serrano, she digs it.

Thank you, Todd, for the great deal. These are my first Redmeadows - definitely will not be my last.

G3xAGvl.jpg

cecR80N.jpg

s4599qf.jpg
Do you have any clue how happy it makes me to see this?

Seeing as though this is a "picher thread", thought I would bump it.

I am now the proud owners of a couple of Redmeadows - thanks, in no small part, to the very OP of this thread, Todd.

Definitely a couple of users, a Model 1 and a Serrano. After rubbing them down with some 0000 steel wool, oiling the handles and sheaths, they are ready to continue their long lives as terrific tools. Honestly, I am super thrilled with them - they are light, thin, and comfortable in hand. I couldn't be happier with them and am looking forward to using them on a daily basis. My wife is even a fan of the Serrano, she digs it.

Thank you, Todd, for the great deal. These are my first Redmeadows - definitely will not be my last.

G3xAGvl.jpg

cecR80N.jpg

s4599qf.jpg
Congratulations Dylan, two great workers right there!:thumbsup:
The only problem with your Serrano is it isn't one of the super rare, HIGHLY valued, limited edition with the denim micarta!:D:thumbsup:

Thank you, my friend. I've been thinking about making up a braided leather thingy with a cool bead or something for mine. If I had ordered it myself, I might have refrained from having the hole but it is perfectly executed, I might as well dandy it up.

I am a big fan of the Drew Estate Undercrowns - I have a few big'uns in my humidor. I didn't know they also had cigarillos, definitely will need to pick some of those up.

Zcjx0rW.jpg

I haven't had those before, will have to give them a try. :thumbsup:

Do you have any clue how happy it makes me to see this?
Agreed! :cool:

The only problem with your Serrano is it isn't one of the super rare, HIGHLY valued, limited edition with the denim micarta!:D:thumbsup:

Not only the blue denim, but Bocote too... ;) :p

IMG_4638.jpg

Last edited:

Not only the blue denim, but Bocote too... ;) :p

img_4638-jpg.1317228

That Bocote really does make a sweetheart of a knife...

That said, based on what I read in the build thread, that paperstone version I acquired is rather rare in its own right :cool:.

Thanks Dylan, I really like the "grain" that paperstone has. I think it makes for a great spacer material and really pops with blackwood.

Well, this beauty arrived today - what a knife! Thank you again, Ray, for making this available to me.

The Smokestack Bullnose... It's a hell of a knife. It's a robust blade, with "fine" written all over it. Curves for days, the grinds are exquisite, and the coloring of the handle is dark and handsome (getting all hot over here).

The sheath is excellent. The dangler wouldn't be my first choice but there is no denying its utility. The laminated leather is a really nice touch.

Thanks again, Ray, and props again to John, you make a hell of a blade. (Again, this one won't be my last).

gPcNut8.jpg

4umnD4y.jpg

3M0ieRZ.jpg

Man oh man I hated to let that one go but after 2 years I realized it was never getting the proper use I intended. :( My life style has changed more than I have cared to admit. :confused: It had been relegated to kitchen work - a sad & unsuitable fate for such a knife. The Smokestack was/is exceptional in so many respects. As I told John at the time - it was the most beautiful of all my toys/tools. I have a violin which is right up there, as far as intrinsic beauty but the Smokestack holds its own. I could see Dylan starting a Redmeadow collection and then that the Serrano needed a big brother - seemed like the Pàdruig Pàdruig house would be the perfect new home. Looks great on your handrail Dylan - with its new tribe. :)

Now please may I have an Redmeadow SD so that I can keep my cowbell :thumbsup:

That is one of my all time favorite knives by any maker.
Well, this beauty arrived today - what a knife! Thank you again, Ray, for making this available to me.

The Smokestack Bullnose... It's a hell of a knife. It's a robust blade, with "fine" written all over it. Curves for days, the grinds are exquisite, and the coloring of the handle is dark and handsome (getting all hot over here).

The sheath is excellent. The dangler wouldn't be my first choice but there is no denying its utility. The laminated leather is a really nice touch.

Thanks again, Ray, and props again to John, you make a hell of a blade. (Again, this one won't be my last).

gPcNut8.jpg

4umnD4y.jpg

3M0ieRZ.jpg

That bullnose is such a splendid form and then you add all of John's meticulous detail and craftsmanship and I agree Mack, it is a true and unique standout. If I had a mantel I would never had let it go no matter that it was languishing as a user, but in a drawer or on my shelf - just was making me sad. :(

Back