Picture thread

That Socom and 940 are both awesome. Wish you still made the Socom. Really nice work on all of them.

Hey Steve, I stumbled on this thread while "googlefoo'ing" deep carry leek clips.

Anyhow are you still producing Deep carry leek pocket clips?

If not maybe someone can chime in on where to get one?

Yes never stopped. Contrary to some of the rumors going round. Not sure how those started but some clips have been dropped and others added is all that happened. Anyway sure I still do some when asked. Thanks
S

Awesome👍. Well how do I go about requesting a deep carry for my Leek? Are there options, material, colors?

Well, the normal things like tip up or down need to be known and once we know that and I know where to fold it for the 180 degree loop we're good.Finishes are stone wash which is the most popular by far and I etch now instead of blast because of my asthma so other than that it is much the same look. I also can anodize but I don't do a black. I never understood the black I get asked to strip it more than place it but I do a lot of khaki and blue clips and my pry ammo jam remover tools also get sold a lot to shooters and shot gun guys that use older guns with the springs gone to extract the shells. They like those for hunting and out doors and prefer bright colors or khaki and camo and I move some of those to the police and military in those colors as well. Most of the info is on my blog. The Leek is found here and for some reason my blog sees way more traffic than the forums so I hang there mostly. It gets a lot more going for a heck of lot more visits even if the indexing system of clicking the arrows to open each month and see what was listed is kind of old fashioned now. Anyway check here and if anything is missed let me know. Thanks http://www.strsbackyardknifeworks.blogspot.com/2011/05/kershaw-rainbow-leek-with-str-emerald.html

STR

Ok, I found the "order form" but I can't really find pricing? Is there a choice in material, to keep cost down for me?

I was thinking satin or maybe if you can, unfinished so I can polish it?

Ok, I found the "order form" but I can't really find pricing? Is there a choice in material, to keep cost down for me?

I was thinking satin or maybe if you can, unfinished so I can polish it?

All my standard clips for the what I call routine knives anyway are $35 via check or money order. My min. shop fee for the entire time I've been working has always been $30. The only exception is here in recent times when I decided if you use pay pal the first of anything I sell be it a clip or a pry is $40 and after it goes back to $35 for each additional.

It varies depending on what you talk about or if what I do is a one time only deal or something like that I'll never do again but otherwise its always the same. Hand rub can be more time consuming, and so can special options like adding a bottle opener to a pry bar or something but I try to keep it reasonable. Most of the titanium gadgets are so high in price so I feel like mine are a bargain but keeping it simple helps. . For what it is worth I prefer checks or money orders or $ :)

Pay pal is such a user. They don't even total anything. They have all the ability but they won't add up a thing for a customer at tax time you have to that by yourself going through to check each one and its not that I wouldn't do that but they total it anyway for the IRS and it just pisses me off! Anyway don't get me started. I mean I'll use them but they just erk me anymore. Sorry I couldn't resist. :eek:

Back