Picture Thread

The top one was one Ty designed, it felt great in my hand. He should post more pictures of it.

Was out grabbing some photos for the knives that will be included in the rental service today at dusk. These are going to please whoever decides to give them a try for sure.

Here's just a few.
omQrAAIl.jpg

DkrXOi2l.jpg

sa4EJvfl.jpg

XanXeBUl.jpg

ybBabYkl.jpg

LQZbsXOl.jpg

And then a couple of the area I was wandering to get photos
xNH1kE8l.jpg

If6yOpEl.jpg

Thought I posted one of these here. I have become more and more in love with this pocket woodcrafter for a compact woods knife. Surprisingly capable and loving John's scandivex. I expect I'll have more of it in the coming months/years on woodsy focused models.

mU5Cwcul.jpg

Thought I posted one of these here. I have become more and more in love with this pocket woodcrafter for a compact woods knife. Surprisingly capable and loving John's scandivex. I expect I'll have more of it in the coming months/years on woodsy focused models.

mU5Cwcul.jpg

Did this ever get a name for this model? Must have missed it.

Did this ever get a name for this model? Must have missed it.

I believe it’s the Pocket Woodcrafter, I’m making 4 of them right now.

John's correct on the name, the pocket woodcrafter. The model is overall inspired by the Marbles Woodcraft in the blade shape and simple design, but I'm also trying to start using the term "woodcraft" instead of "bushcraft" since I think it's more descriptive to how Kephart, Sears, and other old writers would describe. I also think Boy Scouts of America describe it as woodcrafting still, so I just see it as the more appropriate term... or I just like it more. Have your pick. I'm not afraid to be a little different.

Also going to drop in a picture of the sick nasty, who's name came from a response by Simplejack Simplejack . I'm very happy how these turned out, and is a testament to John's work as I don't think the blade shape is the easiest to cut out. First one sold this morning :).

o2miltMl.jpg

I agree on Woodcraft versus Bushcraft. Anyone who has been here awhile knows how I despise the name Bushcraft. I have quite a good collection of older outdoors books, never came across the term Bushcraft

I agree on Woodcraft versus Bushcraft. Anyone who has been here awhile knows how I despise the name Bushcraft. I have quite a good collection of older outdoors books, never came across the term Bushcraft

I'm not entirely against it, but I really got tired of explaining to people who aren't on bladeforums what it is. If I state something like, "it's what boy scouts do out in the woods for a week, but for adults" it makes a little more sense. Other company's marketing for "bushcraft" have only muddied the water further, and I have similar thoughts on "survival" knives. I get it, some are better at the tasks that have been labeled as survival or bushcraft tasks, but a sharp knife can get a lot done for you, even the humble slipjoint that the old timers like Kephart and Sears carried.

I generally like to call my "bushcraft" knives "woods" knives since I use them in the woods. I like simple when it's appropriate. I also like to see what people come up with for "woods" knives, except I have to search through the current crowded filters to see what people are talking about.

Because this is a picture thread, here's good examples of a medium and small woods:
9NO8mRHl.jpg

GCCBSi1l.jpg

Last edited:
Back