Picture Thread

The more I see that Lobo the more I like it. Is it as comfortable as it looks?

My first :thumbup::)

d0c71e99.jpg

Managed to get a few hikes in this weekend - Long day hikes on Saturday and Sunday, and a decent morning jaunt today. I carried my JK-AK and my JK Firekit, and both performed admirably. The AK came in handy for clearing away some fallen branches, and for cutting a path through a thicket while wandering off-trail.

DSCF1438.jpg

All the best,

- Mike

A couple of shots of my JK Anniversary Knife, from the first snowshoe outing this year.

firstsnowshoe2009020.jpg

firstsnowshoe2009001.jpg

firstsnowshoe2009017.jpg

firstsnowshoe2009011.jpg

All the best,

- Mike

Another day spent snowshoeing, this time with my JK Hudson Bay at my side. WAY more snow this time!

DeepSnow2021.jpg

DeepSnow2002.jpg

DeepSnow2007.jpg

DeepSnow2015.jpg

All the best,

- Mike

Beautiful scenery you have up there, Mike! And that Hudson Bay looks right at home

~Noah

Gosh, I feel a bit silly for making so many HB + snowshoeing posts in this thread, but what the heck. Here's another!

From this weekend:

Jan30snowshoeing2017.jpg

Jan30snowshoeing2002.jpg

Here's my Hudson Bay with its new travelling companion, a koyote PSK. The HB is actually perfectly suited for most fine work, but I like to have something a bit smaller on hand for cutting cigars and such.

DSCF1920.jpg

All the best,

- Mike

Gosh, I feel a bit silly for making so many HB + snowshoeing posts in this thread, but what the heck. Here's another!

Bah, nonsense! I live in coastal california...we have...rain......sometimes. Your snowscapes are always appreciated. :D

Nice combo you got goin on there, Mike :thumbup:

I just received my JK back from mbhanzo (his kydex work is superb!!) so it should be making an appearance here again soon. :)

Right on, rksoon. Looking forward to seeing that kydex pic - you don't often see JKs with kydex pants.

Best,

- Mike

Here we go, awesome kydex pants by mbhanzo (Mike of Grindstone Cutlery). Really excellent kydex work, I cannot recommend him enough :thumbup:.

Knife is still looking pretty new, but it'll be entering the rotation soon, especially with the new sheath :D.

aeb1e504.jpg

d79d71e6.jpg

af642a80.jpg

e63e13f5.jpg

09552da8.jpg

I have a thread in the sheaths sub with comments on Mike's work :thumbup:

Hi rksoon -

That looks great. Thanks for the pictures, they are really good and show off the new sheath well.

best regards -

mqqn

I'm loving those pocket fixed blades, geee!

Here's a shot of my ACEK and HB Firekit knife, just returned from a hike in the Nassagaweya Canyon:

DSCF2350.jpg

All the best,

- Mike

Back