Picture Thread

I just love spring! I think I am going to have to learn how to take and edit photos though... took this one today. As you can see, I do need some practice.

I just love spring! I think I am going to have to learn how to take and edit photos though... took this one today. As you can see, I do need some practice.
Nice picture of the Pitcher Plant & your CBK(?) handle.:cool:
I found Venus Fly Traps growing on Camp Lejeune NC while hunting when I was stationed out there.

We have Sun Dews up here.(images borrowed from Google)
And a type of Pitcher Plant.

cranes_sundew.jpg

I want to say Cobra Lilies,but they say they only grow in Cali. & Oregon.
Something like these anyway.
BogBCDarling.jpg

Carnivorous Plants are cool.

Last edited:
I don't believe I've posted this video anywhere yet so I'll share it here with you all.
I was camping at my favorite lower camp a couple of years ago & a thunder storm blew over and instead of waiting it out in the tent I decided to hop in the truck & haul ass to high camp and see if I could capture some lightening flashes.
I got a couple, but you have to look close to see them. (12 seconds & 44 seconds in.)
The storm had already passed over high camp by the time I got up there so I only got a couple of flashes far to the north.
The dang wind drowned out most of the thunder too.(I love to hear rolling thunder bouncing around the hills)
This was shot with my POS P&S so the quality isn't good, but I like to watch it when cabin fever sets in.

What the hell,here's another cabin fever soother.

Last edited:
Looks good to me! makes me want to go take a walk

That is as good as the autocorrect can do. It is better than the base picture but the glare from the sun is still too bright. The knife isn't placed as well as I would have liked either... just a little practice and I'll be taking pics like the rest of you fellas ;)

Nice picture of the Pitcher Plant & your CBK(?) handle.:cool:
I found Venus Fly Traps growing on Camp Lejeune NC while hunting when I was stationed out there.

We have Sun Dews up here.(images borrowed from Google)
And a type of Pitcher Plant.

cranes_sundew.jpg

I want to say Cobra Lilies, but they say they only grow in Cali. & Oregon.
Something like these anyway.
BogBCDarling.jpg

Carnivorous Plants are cool.

Yep, that is my CBK's handle. Unfortunately it is the only JK I have at this time. John has a pattern for a chopper/camp knife I want him to make once I get back to work. It is based on the Barong and the same size as the ChopMuk... not being able to give the go-ahead on this one is killing me! :mad: That is why I need to practice taking and editing pics, so I can show it around proper:D

I wish we had Sundew around me... I like those. Ft. Polk La. live-fire ranges are covered in those (or similar) pitcher plants. I thought they was the Cobra Lilly but I admit that I didn't check on the habitat range.

Wow. I really need to get out west. I mean m I michigan is great with all our water but Damn I need to see some real mountains out side of Italy

Right now this is my only JK knife (also have a K tool), but with four more knives on the way there should be a lot of photographic opportunities...

13974259094_1955e0a1f4_c.jpg

13974254614_2140e49cb9_c.jpg

Back