Picture Thread

HWF, I am SO jealous of your Pocketmuk!

Jeff

Thank you, Jeff!
I love that knife so much. I won it in one of mykel m's gracious give-a-ways. It is such a great knife for so many things. I carry it in my right pocket almost everyday now. Either that or my anniversary EDC.

I keep thinking it was olivewood, but I might be wrong.

It sure is purdy.

Nicely done! I only thought oak because it's the only JK handle I've seen that way.

I just love spring! I think I am going to have to learn how to take and edit photos though... took this one today. As you can see, I do need some practice.

It's a Jack in the Pulpit flower, not a pitcher plant or cobra lily. Not carnivorous, but there are some in the area. Still a cool find. Pretty normal here in PA. Eventually it will grow three large triangular leaves (Trillium), and the flower will turn into a bright red clumps of berries (not edible IIRC).

It's a Jack in the Pulpit flower, not a pitcher plant or cobra lily. Not carnivorous, but there are some in the area. Still a cool find. Pretty normal here in PA. Eventually it will grow three large triangular leaves (Trillium), and the flower will turn into a bright red clumps of berries (not edible IIRC).

Yep... we were discussing the pictures he posted further down. *EDIT* I missed where he referenced the flower as a pitcher plant... Sorry... I was talking about the pictures he posted later.

Last edited:
My bad,I didn't notice Jack standing there in the Pulpit.;)

I just read that the plant is toxic unless dried or cooked so be careful with them.

Guys I had to post this I thought you all may enjoy this. This knife was a friend of mines fathers who was a deep sea diver for the Navy back in the fifties. This is a Kabar MarkV It screws in to the sheath if you want to call it that. Once you do, it becomes about a 2 pound billy club. It's got great patina
20140422_175141_zps4wzlmviz.jpg
,josephlopezpauliii/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-04/20140422_175106_zpsbfvuag4w.jpg,http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums...loads/2014-04/20140422_175141_zpsstjuqsqs.jpg

Lets try this again
20140422_175141_zpsstjuqsqs.jpg

20140422_175106_zpsbfvuag4w.jpg

20140422_175243_zpsu3ovhmws.jpg

20140422_175214_zpslz6z0yki.jpg

Here ya go Joey.
You grabbed the IMG code for the first & the url codes for the other 3 apparently.
It makes for better viewing if you put a space between the pics also.

Cool knife.

My dad dove for Abalone off Cali. for a couple of years in the 50s.

Thanks! Mykel.. I just fell in love with this old knofe when I seen it.. Abalone huh? I just seen a program on those things. They must be good eating becasue people are apperently going crazy over them.. I cannot wait to get out West one day!! Thanks again!!

Awesome Diver's Knife GMJ. Would you bring that to the MI Fall Gathering?

Jeff

What a great piece of history, that divers knife. Most excellent. ;)

I bet it could tell some stories.

Yes for sure.. I cannot wait until that gathering!!! Thanks guys.. It was actually this knife that got me started on wanting to collect a few!!

My edc from 2 weeks ago in the mountains. I think the 3/16 camp and trail is my go to for a workhorse

Back