Picture Thread

jkd3.jpg

[
jkd2-Copy.jpg

Hi folks -

Great pictures in this thread - I like gee's trio, and of course all the rest!

Here are my favorite pictures of my JK's

This one is the first JK I ever bought, a JK Keychain Companion that I bought for a good friend of mine:

JK_wallpaper2.jpg

Next up is the Kephart that I ordered as my own first JK - I thought that was a great traditional blade to have, and it has seen quite a bit of action since I bought it! This is the knife that started my collection of JK's with maple burl scales:

DSC_8788.JPG

The next knife I had Stomper make was his Survival Kit, that includes his Combat/Survival Knife in 1/4" thickness, and a sheath with a built-in pouch for carrying a Victorinox Farmer, making a great all-around survival kit:

DSC_9662.JPG

After the Survival Kit, I had Stomper make me one of his Gambler's Bowies, with the requisite maple burl handle, but with a contoured handle that is similar to my Combat/Survival Knife. I had Stomper send this one out to NoahL , proprietor of Wasteland Leatherwork, to make one of his beautiful Apocalyptic style sheaths:

DSC_0784.JPG

I picked up my #1 JK Friction Folder from Stomper himself while at "The Gathering" that Stomper hosted at his home in May:

jk_ff1.jpg

Finally, to round out my collection so far, I present my Scan-Duckie:

scanduckie1.jpg

best regards -

mqqn

Hi mrbear -

I really like that last pic!

Thanks!

best regards -

mqqn

Here's an updated (JK enhanced) version of the classic Nessmuk Combo.

picture.php

picture.php

Jeff

Here's an updated (JK enhanced) version of the classic Nessmuk Combo.

picture.php

picture.php

Jeff

That is one great looking combination. I can't decide what I like more the Nessie or the double bit. They are both stunning.:D

That is one great looking combination. I can't decide what I like more the Nessie or the double bit. They are both stunning.:D

Thanks, I thought that trio would make a nice photo. :)

Jeff

Thought I would throw in a couple of pics I took of Teddy's Tin Knife. He took it home from the May Gathering and put a Lilac handle on it. I guess he had a half of a branch split down the middle, the middle had rotted. He had to grind the piece of branch down on the outside and the middle to get it squared up. There wasn't really that much there but, just enough for a handle. It turned out really nice. I was really surprised how dense and hard that wood is. It really has a nice look and feel, kind of buttery I guess! I know the photos aren't really that great. Seems like I always have the shakes now that I am getting to be an old person. Ha! Ha! It is just getting real hard now days to hold the camera still enough.

o6xt77.jpg

2qjc8io.jpg

110voky.jpg

JK#36

Yeah, I had never heard of anybody using Lilac for anything either but, Teddy doesn't let very much go to waste around his place. Everything seems to get made into something, and it might not necessarily be what it was originaly entended to be. Ha! Ha! He gave me a nice little piece of the same branch. I was going to try and put that on my little Tin Knife but, I didn't have enough holes cut in mine. I tried cutting a hole in it but, the hardening process did exactly what it was supposed to do, it made it too hard to cut any kind of hole in it. It would have to be softened again and drilled then, hardened again. Thats just way too much work for around my place right now. I have some Tin Knife blade stock, so I think I am going to try and make another one. Don't know if John is planning on doing that again for the September Gathering or not, if he does, I'll make one to have a handle put on it.

Looking forward to seeing you next month. For now take care.

JK#36

I've been meaning to post these pics to this thread of my Hudson. It 3/16' thick 01 steel with Walnut scales,brass pins and a 7' blade. I had John leave some forging scale on the blade and then patina the blade through kitchen use. Soon it will be getting a little helper from John, the neckmuk.

948965197_Qhpso-L.jpg

948966752_iGJSg-L.jpg

948967590_sGRV5-L.jpg

Back