Picture Thread

I’ve been carrying this a few days a week for the last couple months. It was time to sharpen it last night so I thought I’d take a few pictures while it’s clean. Two on the fence and one on ice!CD1C21EF-8D9C-4811-B55A-681FE00F03F9.jpeg A3554426-D498-4433-BE4B-8E7EE7C84826.jpeg 8083CC6D-09BA-48EF-8896-8431C8E6B4EC.jpeg

It’s mine too! I can honestly say that I would have never given it a second glance online, or purchased it if I didn’t hold it first. “On paper” it didn’t appeal to me really. When I held it, I had to have one for myself!

0VoxMv6l.jpg

Cleaned and ready to be put away after a great Thanksgiving

Excuse the non JK pictures, but my stretched worker and stretched bluegills were in my shop getting a little TLC and in between coats of BLO.
fvoPo3ml.jpg

On the big ducks, I like to butterfly the breasts before cooking. I like to soak them 3-5 days before eating. I then pat dry and coat with coarse sea salt, coarse black pepper, and a little garlic powder. Get a skillet hot and add a tablespoon of butter. DO NOT overcook, 2-3 minutes a side is tops. Duck is best served medium rare.
xLHvy2ul.jpg

Ducks have tenderloins too. They make great appetizers!
jGdR7VEl.jpg

Then I like to take crappy pictures of the finished product!

Ah yes. I remember that one.

That was a pretty fun passaround.

Here it is before quite a bit of use.

ZHLs6k5h.jpg

Back