Picture Thread

Will do, I've been busy designing wallets and some other small goods to take care of my scrap pieces, and haven't had much time do make a new sheath. Hopefully though I'll be able to start a small leather business soon and see how it goes!
Feel free to post pictures of the things you make.

IMG_4042.JPG IMG_4043.JPG

Made this last night to test out and see if I like it. It's a small card holder or a business card holder which is what I'm using it for. I'm also trying some new thread and put both sizes on this one so I can see which one I like more over time for the wallets.

IMG_3975.JPG IMG_3976.JPG IMG_3977.JPG
Here's the first wallet I designed and it's now what I use everyday this was right after I finished it.
IMG_4002.JPG IMG_4003.JPG
And I made this long style wallet because my coworker was interested to see what I could do and this style is also really popular in Texas usually.
IMG_3978.JPG IMG_3979.JPG

And here's what the first wallet looks like now after the neatsfoot oil has settled.

Those look great, ty_higg ty_higg ! I really hope to get into leather work one day. I have a bunch of stuff that I want to make. I'm slowly accumulating leather working tools, but I don't have the funds available to be able to jump in whole hog.

Looks like you have a knack for leatherwork.

Thank you I really appreciate that!

Those look great, ty_higg ty_higg ! I really hope to get into leather work one day. I have a bunch of stuff that I want to make. I'm slowly accumulating leather working tools, but I don't have the funds available to be able to jump in whole hog.

Thank you! If you ever have any questions or anything feel free to shoot me a message I'd love to try and answer anything I'm able to. I understand on the tools, iv been accumulating various things for a few months now and am still picking some stuff up. What tools do you have now? I started with a bag of leather scraps from hobby lobby to work on the bare bones basics. And the only tools I had were calipers, 1 chisel (that I later found out was for leather thong material and not thread), and some sinew. My first stuff was defiantly not any where close to the greatest but I was able to learn a lot.

Thank you I really appreciate that!

Thank you! If you ever have any questions or anything feel free to shoot me a message I'd love to try and answer anything I'm able to. I understand on the tools, iv been accumulating various things for a few months now and am still picking some stuff up. What tools do you have now? I started with a bag of leather scraps from hobby lobby to work on the bare bones basics. And the only tools I had were calipers, 1 chisel (that I later found out was for leather thong material and not thread), and some sinew. My first stuff was defiantly not any where close to the greatest but I was able to learn a lot.

Currently, I've got some harness needles, a scratch awl, a diamond awl, a skiver, and an edge groove. I don't have any glue, leather, thread, bone folder/slicker, or cutting surface. I've been reading WIP/tutorial threads in the Sheaths & Such sub-forum for a few months now. Once I actually start bending leather, I'll be sure to send a few questions your way. I appreciate your offer!

Currently, I've got some harness needles, a scratch awl, a diamond awl, a skiver, and an edge groove. I don't have any glue, leather, thread, bone folder/slicker, or cutting surface. I've been reading WIP/tutorial threads in the Sheaths & Such sub-forum for a few months now. Once I actually start bending leather, I'll be sure to send a few questions your way. I appreciate your offer!

Ok good deal! I don't know if you have a local Tandy or another leather store but when you do go to buy some leather I know my local Tandy store usually has really good sales. You have to dig through them to find good pieces but for the prices I'd say it's defiantly worth it. I picked up two 4 oz double shoulders at my local Tandy this weekend for about 85 bucks. I learned how to do most of my leatherwork on this forum from the WIP tutorials here and YouTube videos. Then from that basis and a lot of trial and error and I mean a lot of it, I kinda picked up my own style and ways I like to do things. But It's definitely fun and addicting I sometimes have to remind myself to eat lunch or dinner once I start making stuff.

Finally made a working bifold prototype after going through about 3 designs. I had to simplify it to just card slots and cash because the first one was way to thick. I was also lucky that I had enough scrap to build this one out of.
IMG_4163.JPG IMG_4164.JPG IMG_4166.JPG

Looks great!
Thank you!

Nice work. Is it like knives and it makes you appreciate quality wallets even more?

Yes very much so and it makes me appreciate the price of leather goods more. I used to not fully understand what goes into making something made from leather but now I completely get and understand it. I was using a nylon/cordura wallet before I built the one I'm using now and I loved it but now I just couldnt carry it since it feels cheap to me now and like it will fall apart. But when I walk into stores seeing how much a department store charges for a cheaply made wallet I just cringe. Making Wallets can be time consuming to get all the little details finished and sewn right but after it's done the feel is just amazing and you know it's not going to be falling apart.

I like a good well-built leather wallet, but I find most are too thick for the back pocket, unless I carry only cards, ID and cash. I have been looking at thinner money clips with a few slots, looks really comfortable to carry and just enough room for everything else. Of course I could clean out all the receipts and business cards which would help. Your work is nicely done. Can I see more pics of the long style you said is popular in that part of Texas? How do you think the long style would be carried? In the back pocket or in a coat pocket? Do you do designs or embossing on them?

Last edited:
I like a good well-built leather wallet, but I find most are too thick for the back pocket, unless I carry only cards, ID and cash. I have been looking at thinner money clips with a few slots, looks really comfortable to carry and just enough room for everything else. Of course I could clean out all the receipts and business cards which would help. Your work is nicely done. Can I see more pics of the long style you said is popular in that part of Texas? How do you think the long style would be carried? In the back pocket or in a coat pocket? Do you do designs or embossing on them?

Thank you for the kind words and I'll get some pictures of it in the sun and post them here. Most people here put them in there back pocket I did some googling an a lot of people call it a roper wallet or a western/cowboy wallet from what I found. After seeing what a coat pocket wallet looks like I'd say it should probably fit in one and work well for that. Right now I don't have the tools to do any of that but I am looking into that currently.

Back