Picture Thread

I always love seeing your Hudson bay come out. Next year, I'm going to have to finally get one once the big orders from January are over. If you ever feel the need to pass that one along, please keep me in mind.

Definitely one of my Crown Jewels of my JK collection, not going to get rid of it, but would you like to sharpen or possibly see if we can regrind the angle a bit make it a little thinner at the edge? Then you can play with it before sending back. I know this idea would probably have to wait until next year since you are so busy.

Your Hudson Bay looks like a 6” blade? If so, it’s a rare one, probably only made one or two of those, most were 7”.

Definitely one of my Crown Jewels of my JK collection, not going to get rid of it, but would you like to sharpen or possibly see if we can regrind the angle a bit make it a little thinner at the edge? Then you can play with it before sending back. I know this idea would probably have to wait until next year since you are so busy.

I have the whole week off of 12/16/19, after my final class for the year is done (then only one class left!), so I will have some time to get that taken care of for you if you can get it to me during my winter break. I plan to devote the time to practicing with all of the sharpening stuff I have that I haven't used, but I can get yours taken care of with the bench stones I already use. Put that baryonyx manticore stone to good use resetting the edge for you.

I'll try to get the guided sharpeners figured out by then and polish that edge up for you. John is helping me get a setup for the belt grinder using fabric/nylon belts for polishing up edges, but I don't think I will have that by then. I won't use something I'm not comfortable with on someone else's knife, but I'm pretty decent with the DMT and free-hand stones still.

I have the whole week off of 12/16/19, after my final class for the year is done (then only one class left!), so I will have some time to get that taken care of for you if you can get it to me during my winter break. I plan to devote the time to practicing with all of the sharpening stuff I have that I haven't used, but I can get yours taken care of with the bench stones I already use. Put that baryonyx manticore stone to good use resetting the edge for you.

I'll try to get the guided sharpeners figured out by then and polish that edge up for you. John is helping me get a setup for the belt grinder using fabric/nylon belts for polishing up edges, but I don't think I will have that by then. I won't use something I'm not comfortable with on someone else's knife, but I'm pretty decent with the DMT and free-hand stones still.

Cool, I will get it out this week. PM me for you address. I appreciate it, and you can play with it as much as you want. Sort of an indirect present for Christmas. Thanks again, and do not worry if you get busy, I am a patient person if things come up.

It's so skeeeeeeeeeeny! I've been carrying my HC just as much as my Case Peanut lately (meaning it's in my PJs when I'm at home, too), and I'm just tickled every time I pull it out of my pocket.

00100lr-PORTRAIT-00100-BURST20191202154723263-COVER-2.jpg

I have the same one @mykel m designed. Waiting on the dang post office to stop jerkin me around and deliver it already.
Patience, Grasshopper, patience...much like we were told as kids....Santa won't come until after you are asleep and Christmas morning will come sooner too.

very jealous of those pickups

Figured I had better move quick before one of y'all jumped on them. There's also a strategic business move in there that will become more clear in a few weeks. These pickups sparked a nice bit of conversation between John and I about something we've been slowly working through the past few months. John had some ideas that I think are going to be really cool too, on top of the ideas that I had.

Figured I had better move quick before one of y'all jumped on them. There's also a strategic business move in there that will become more clear in a few weeks. These pickups sparked a nice bit of conversation between John and I about something we've been slowly working through the past few months. John had some ideas that I think are going to be really cool too, on top of the ideas that I had.
Very interested in seeing if you can put a spark back into Johns work, in the past, his work was under valued and over delivered. Was watching all those beauties you picked up but didn’t jump because I don’t do PP any longer. Great score and am looking forward to your designs made by the master.

Back