1. Week 49 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10 + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Dec 7 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Picture Thread

Discussion in 'JK Handmade Knives' started by JK Knives, Jan 10, 2009.

1. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Definitely one of my Crown Jewels of my JK collection, not going to get rid of it, but would you like to sharpen or possibly see if we can regrind the angle a bit make it a little thinner at the edge? Then you can play with it before sending back. I know this idea would probably have to wait until next year since you are so busy.

2. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    Your Hudson Bay looks like a 6” blade? If so, it’s a rare one, probably only made one or two of those, most were 7”.

3. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    If it is a 6” and the handle is walnut, it could be the first one ever made.

Wurrwulf likes this.
  4. bikerector

bikerector Gold Member Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Nov 16, 2016
    I have the whole week off of 12/16/19, after my final class for the year is done (then only one class left!), so I will have some time to get that taken care of for you if you can get it to me during my winter break. I plan to devote the time to practicing with all of the sharpening stuff I have that I haven't used, but I can get yours taken care of with the bench stones I already use. Put that baryonyx manticore stone to good use resetting the edge for you.

I'll try to get the guided sharpeners figured out by then and polish that edge up for you. John is helping me get a setup for the belt grinder using fabric/nylon belts for polishing up edges, but I don't think I will have that by then. I won't use something I'm not comfortable with on someone else's knife, but I'm pretty decent with the DMT and free-hand stones still.

woodysone and cbach8tw like this.
  5. cbach8tw

Jan 9, 2006
    Cool, I will get it out this week. PM me for you address. I appreciate it, and you can play with it as much as you want. Sort of an indirect present for Christmas. Thanks again, and do not worry if you get busy, I am a patient person if things come up.

woodysone and bikerector like this.
  6. Wurrwulf

Wurrwulf Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2015
    It's so skeeeeeeeeeeny! I've been carrying my HC just as much as my Case Peanut lately (meaning it's in my PJs when I'm at home, too), and I'm just tickled every time I pull it out of my pocket.

[​IMG]

7. macbeth33

macbeth33 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2006
    Love my HC in stainless about .170 thick. Forget it is even in your pocket till needed. Everyone needs one. JK HC.JPG

fishiker, Simplejack and JK Knives like this.
  8. Simplejack

Simplejack

Dec 28, 2017
    Man I hope my Hurley creek shows up

9. jds1

jds1

Jun 9, 2007
    I’ve got the standard issue HC, but I may need a skinny version as well.

[​IMG]

Jeff

fishiker, JK Knives and Wurrwulf like this.
  10. Simplejack

Simplejack

Dec 28, 2017
    I have the same one @mykel m designed. Waiting on the dang post office to stop jerkin me around and deliver it already.

cbach8tw likes this.
  11. cbach8tw

Jan 9, 2006
    Patience, Grasshopper, patience...much like we were told as kids....Santa won't come until after you are asleep and Christmas morning will come sooner too.

Simplejack likes this.
  12. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    Posted one very similar to this already, but I like this one too.

[​IMG]

Ogilthorpe, ty_higg, Wurrwulf and 2 others like this.
  13. jds1

jds1

Jun 9, 2007
    Gotta love a JK in the woods photo!

Jeff

14. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    I'm going to have to do another collection photo as I just adopted a handful JK's :D. Of course the first thing I had to do was use one of them. The personal camp is sure a nice one... though so are the other 3. It was a good decision.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. jds1

jds1

Jun 9, 2007
    Nice score!

Jeff

Simplejack likes this.
  16. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    And the rest of them :). It was a good afternoon.

[​IMG]

woodysone, ty_higg and Simplejack like this.
  17. ty_higg

ty_higg KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 16, 2011
    very jealous of those pickups

woodysone and bikerector like this.
  18. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    Figured I had better move quick before one of y'all jumped on them. There's also a strategic business move in there that will become more clear in a few weeks. These pickups sparked a nice bit of conversation between John and I about something we've been slowly working through the past few months. John had some ideas that I think are going to be really cool too, on top of the ideas that I had.

ty_higg and woodysone like this.
  19. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Very interested in seeing if you can put a spark back into Johns work, in the past, his work was under valued and over delivered. Was watching all those beauties you picked up but didn’t jump because I don’t do PP any longer. Great score and am looking forward to your designs made by the master.

bikerector and JK Knives like this.