Pictures Of Your Cold Steel

pDBynNYh.jpg

I just noticed something cool about the tanto Air Lite's blade, and this seemed like it might not be a bad spot to mention it.

In the pic below, I'm holding the knife with the blade logo as close to perpendicular to the camera lens as possible, i.e. "head-on," and as you can hopefully see the blade has a subtle negative angle to it.

For a utilitarian tanto, this is awesome: It puts the yokote closer to what you're about to cut, a nice feature for opening packages and whatnot (something tantos are great at to begin with). Neat! :)

48A8v5e.jpg

What do those things you said mean?
I just noticed something cool about the tanto Air Lite's blade, and this seemed like it might not be a bad spot to mention it.

In the pic below, I'm holding the knife with the blade logo as close to perpendicular to the camera lens as possible, i.e. "head-on," and as you can hopefully see the blade has a subtle negative angle to it.

For a utilitarian tanto, this is awesome: It puts the yokote closer to what you're about to cut, a nice feature for opening packages and whatnot (something tantos are great at to begin with). Neat! :)

48A8v5e.jpg

What do those things you said mean?

Negative angle: Imagine a straight line through the body of the knife. The edge of the blade -- a portion of it, in this case -- isn't parallel to that line. It dips "below" it.

Yokote: The "sub-tip" on a tanto blade. On an American tanto (like CS makes) it's usually a pronounced, crisp angle formed by two straight edges. It's awesome for opening boxes without accidentally cutting what's inside. :)

Back