Pictures of your knives with carbon fiber

Absolutely stunning. May I ask where you got these scales?

They were on the knife when I bought it. I'm not even 100% sure they're carbon fiber, but I think they are. They're made by Cuscadi.

Edit: I just looked it up and they are aero carbon fiber. They're called V2 silk scales.

I know what many of these knives are but wish they all were named in the thread.

sph801 what is that button lock?
Corey, the knife with the carbon fiber insert around the pivot screw?
Mo2, the bottom 2 in second pic?
EvilGreg, are those pin holes/voids in the Spyderco you like? Or just the picture? Just curious
EvanPGH what model?
ATJ - I think I know a couple but would be interested in what all are

Hope I got most of the names right since I had to keep scrolling back and forth

I know what many of these knives are but wish they all were named in the thread.

EvilGreg, are those pin holes/voids in the Spyderco you like? Or just the picture? Just curious
EvanPGH what model?

I'll go back and list the model numbers on my pics. I think you're talking about the Benchmade 690, but not sure if that's the one you were referring to.

2e78570976ed92bc2093731400228c2a.jpg

I think the Dodo is about as close to full carbon fiber as you can get, since it doesn't even have liners.

Some I no longer have

My current CF blades
Bodega and M390 0452

Mini and larger Ritter

EvanPGH what model?

Bottom two...
IMG_20170115_164406.jpg

Top= Three Rivers Manufacturing TR-BT1000-CF featuring Halpern titanium's machined starburst pattern on aj's carbon fiber on this Bob Terzuola design. Sharpened by RJ Martin (cause Bob was moving shop). Iirc Millit Knives also had a hand in it too, I assume the blade, I didn't ask.

The next one is the Maserin 378/CT AM-2 N690 blade with titanium lightning carbon fiber. This is on sale right now, I'd recommend this one, specifically in CF, not titanium lightning strike, cause the titanium will pop out and stab your hand in use, they include sand paper to sand it down when it happens. But the knife is really smooth on bearings. A little heavy because of steel liners but I like it alot.

A little CF and copper.

aowemd.jpg

•••••••••••••••

Sent from my mind....using Tap-a-Thought. (tm)

Thorburn L40

0lEUKPQ.jpg

Benchmade Lg Grip. Gold class cf scales with M4 Ritter blade.

HCLhm8Y.jpg

David Winston cf Sherpa.

hRFTCQ2.jpg

EvanPGH what model?

430745a417517ae3b98e66b3f685ca0f.jpg

This is a Rod Olson lightening strike carbon fiber flipper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, there are no voids and the surface is really smooth. It just looks that way in the light (it's so shiny, there is a big contrast in the pattern when the light hits it).

The knives in my photo are (left to right):

CRK Sebenza Insingo CF small
Spyderco Southard (custom ultra-thin lightning strike cf scale, this one does have voids because over the years the wires have worn through in spots)
Boker Kwaiken CF blackwash version
Benchmade 940-1
Spyderco Rubicon
Chinese Sinkevich SiDis clone (not sure the model name of the custom, though I saw it on instagram at one point)
ZT 0454
ZT 0770

Some carbon fiber knives with a wedding band and money clip thrown in for good measure.

fe322e6ca98a6129f89933c0ff74f458.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some contrasting shots of old school vs new. Makes me appreciate some of my newer knives after using the buck.
newandold2_zpskxeynmpc.jpg

newandold3_zpsetqcgmpu.jpg

Really like the gratch too
2ad84342-90a6-4bfb-a666-3bb2172a6d40_zps9lkqyrbl.jpg

Thanks for all the updates with model names!

Corey, I was asking about the gold class 908 that has that small ring of CF around the pivot. Have never seen that before and I didn't recognize it as a Stryker all dressed up. Thanks!

Back