PIF-ERS just talking shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to have another PIF up over the weekend, maybe later. And I'll be scouring the flea markets on Columbus day looking for rare oddities and any doubles I can post up.
I think I'm about to be in the market for a new EDC. I EDC spyderco ladybugs. Had five of them that I sold/lost one. I replaced it and realize I keep dropping it when having it on my lap and when pulling things out my pocket. Think its time I switch back to a EDC with a pocket clip.

I believe it's how I lost my last one. Either while getting out the car or while pulling stuff out my pockets going to the car. I am going to end up losing this one at this rate. My ladybugs aren't going up though. Those are my babies.
Ever think about a man bug? It's just a bit bigger. I think I might have one somewhere in British green around here somewhere 198zdp. I'll look for you. If I can find it and you wanna give it a go it's yours. But to be honest I haven't see it in years.

I have to ask. Are you referring to the wife or house. Haha have to start Monday off right.
The wife of course. Houses are a horrible investment. Went the market crashes and it always does you feel the pinch. I'm totally kidding on the wife paying off the house for them in 15 years. I wanna know how he did it. I'd like to get mine to pay ours off. Another joke .

A Andrewq Wagner , Sharpmaker, aka, SharpKeeper is an excellent tool. Can be left out and used without any production or water and so can be used often and easily. Mine is used frequently and with great results. Even though I have a very nice array of diamond plates, water stones - natural and man made, and arkansas stones, the SharpMaker is my go to set up.

The down side - very slow process trying to get a bad edge to good with the SM even with an extra set of diamond rods (these are essential add-on to the kit IMHO). 'S why I call it the SharpKeeper. Too many new blades come in with uneven edges from side to side and otherwise bad grinds. You could spend 90 minutes on the SM trying to improve or reprofile and not achieve perfection. Still with patience and if you aren't a super duper sharp edge nurd, i.e., slicing paper sharp is OK for today, shaving sharp or air bleed sharp good for tomorrow - A few or more sessions on the SM will eventually correct a bad edge and one day you will find it being a flawless slicer. Once you have that perfect edge the SM will keep it going. Especially good for serrated blades too.

A KME guided sharpening system is a bit more money but faster at repairing edges and with lots more "stone" options. It is a good mate to the SM system.

Well worth reading some of the sharpening threads in the Maintenance & Tinkering sub-form, watching the Spyderco SharpMaker videos and reading what other say, specifically about how to get the best from it. Knowing about the apex, burrs, stropping, angles etc. and highlighting your edge with a marker to reveal your process, is all for the good.

Good luck. Welcome to BF and PIF :thumbsup:

Ray

I'm in the process of checking out the maintenance portion of the forum and am creating a shopping/wish list. Sounds like with everything in life, there isn't a magic one bullet. I oddly like that. A simple solution has no challenge and results in less satisfaction of success I feel! My favorite hunts and fishing trips are the ones I struggle and succeed!

I'm going to keep an eye on the used section and see what I can find for possible PIF's pawn shopping! Thanks for the advice, all of it is extremely welcome!

I'm in the process of checking out the maintenance portion of the forum and am creating a shopping/wish list. Sounds like with everything in life, there isn't a magic one bullet. I oddly like that. A simple solution has no challenge and results in less satisfaction of success I feel! My favorite hunts and fishing trips are the ones I struggle and succeed!

I'm going to keep an eye on the used section and see what I can find for possible PIF's pawn shopping! Thanks for the advice, all of it is extremely welcome!
The wish list. I have many wish list . I have a wish list with wish lists on it that I wish I could list here but better not. @southpawdraw is watching me. Haha. I also go to the pawn shops in town and swap meets. Find some good treasures. I look for watches, sunglasses, hunting gear for cheap. Some may end up here.

The wish list. I have many wish list . I have a wish list with wish lists on it that I wish I could list here but better not. @southpawdraw is watching me. Haha. I also go to the pawn shops in town and swap meets. Find some good treasures. I look for watches, sunglasses, hunting gear for cheap. Some may end up here.
You do know just because you don't put the spaces in my name doesn't me I dont have my eye on you right? Lmao. Jk

An older home...the pain...I can relate! Mine was built in 1771. Nothing about it is "normal". I even have a kitchen fireplace in the basement that was concreted up.
They made fire back then? I'm sure me and god discussed fire wasn't gonna be given till 1792. Parallel universe I'm sure. That damn Mandala effect again. Lmao

It's an older home with a lot done to update. Check your PM's I'll send you the listing ;)
Sad panda your in the love state of redacted. Where men are men and cats chase chickens. Here men are well I can't say because words can't get you 3-5- in the state pension system and by the time you get out you will not care was a man is anymore. Commie California. Our state slogan should be stfu and stfu.

Last edited:
They made fire back then? I'm sure me and god discussed fire wasn't gonna be given till 1792. Parallel universe I'm sure. That damn Mandala effect again. Lmao
Some craziness. So I have two sections of house two 3 flues (one is the regular furnace flue). On the older section of the house we need to get it rebuilt it wasn't a wood burning fireplace but a coal fireplace. It's like a Christmas Carol with Mr. Scrooge, putting in a measly lump of coal to warm the house, lol. It's so old we don't dare fire it up until it gets rebuilt. They must have shuttered the thing in the 1970s as its currently only decorative.

Some craziness. So I have two sections of house two 3 flues (one is the regular furnace flue). On the older section of the house we need to get it rebuilt it wasn't a wood burning fireplace but a coal fireplace. It's like a Christmas Carol with Mr. Scrooge, putting in a measly lump of coal to warm the house, lol. It's so old we don't dare fire it up until it gets rebuilt. They must have shuttered the thing in the 1970s as its currently only decorative.
Brother you house sounds soo cool. If I was there I would surely come help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back