Pig Sticker

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Have a look:

attachment.php

Looking forward to using this in an upcoming Hog Hunt....can't wait!

:eek:

I believe the proper response is "SUUUUWEEEEEET, HERE PIG PIG PIG"!:D :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I like it. I think it would be better without the potentially weakening holes in the blade, but it's cool as hell anyway.

Hi Daniel,

The sticker is very cool looking! I believe that will get the job done.

Craig

Thanks guys. Harley - the hunt is already "in the works" for this year. Maybe next?

Here's a link to more info: www.hogsnknives.com
(still a work in progress)

And here's a pic of the hog (stick with finger in the ring ;))

HogHunt030.jpg

Nice picture! Thank you for sharing. When do you think you will be coming up with any more knives like this one?

The holes in the blade are there because they look cool...plain and simple. :D

Kind of a different take on the fuller-as-a-blood-groove idea.

g moutafis - shoot me an email - I should have some done in 3-4 weeks.

Very very nice. I really liked that carry system you have there on the other thread before your hunt.

Darn that looks like decent protien for the table. Nothin like taken them with a good sharp knife. SOOOOOWWEEEEEEE!!

Great knife. I thought the blade hole's function may be to allow air in to reduce vacuum easing insurtion and removal from the hog.

Sure, why not. :D

All I know is...it was easy-in / easy-out on that hog. I felt very little resistance. The proper technique is to put the knife in a little high, and then push down to open up a large wound channel. Was way easier than I imagined (considering a hog is basically a walking carpet full of dirt/mud/etc).

hi Guy! alli Know is that You guys made me hungry, andI had to go out and get some Pork Chops. Sure not as good as Wild Pig!!! Looks like you guys had a good o'l Texas good time. Enjoyed meeting many of you at the SOS show in Grape vine. Mike and Manuela Lovett

Back