Pig Sticker

Sure, why not. :D

All I know is...it was easy-in / easy-out on that hog. I felt very little resistance. The proper technique is to put the knife in a little high, and then push down to open up a large wound channel. Was way easier than I imagined (considering a hog is basically a walking carpet full of dirt/mud/etc).

Daniel this knife is a sticker, no doubt about it. Is it equally good though concerning cutting? I am asking this because it is a thick knife at 1/4" but the blade doesn't look broad enough to form an acute edge. Then again, I may be wrong here so, this is why I am asking this question.

The stick is a two-part process. First you go in, then down. I had to cut through boar hair which is pretty much like heavy, muddy, industrial carpet.

Still, when I set out to make...I originally intended to use 3/16" stock. I'm glad I didn't though...really, with a double hollow grind, top and bottom...it's a cuttin' sonuvagun. I also left enough thickness at the edge to give it a nice wide convex edge. And, as with everything, I made sure it passed the 2x4 test. :thumbup:

Thanks!

Back