Pistol for first time owner?

suzuki

I live in Southbury, and did not need an interview with town police - but that may vary by town. I did have my fingerprints done (electronic scan) at the police station though and that took all of 10 minutes. Be prepared to wait longer than you thing once all the paperwork is in....it's my impression that the State is NOT exactly prioritizing permits, if you know what I mean...

Bill

Great. I'm on the shoreline, thankfully not Madison but close. I'm hoping the process is smooth and quick but positivity doesn't always prevail.

Got brought into a room. They copied my license, took all 10 fingerprints and went over paperwork. That was all

My interview was a pistol live fire test in the basement of the old town hall..I was 18 back in the 70's Still took nearly an act of congress to get approval back then...20 years ago, my wife went thru a lot dealing w Newington PD..They never rush this stuff..But CT is a shall issue, not may issue state..Be patient but persistent..Don;t believe the old we lost your fingerprints dodge...Good Luck , Mike in Ct

Wow, glad I live in PA.

- fill out one form
- walk into courthouse
- turn in paperwork
- wait 5-10 min. For background check
- pay $25
- walk out with carry lisence
- in 5 years, pay $25 and apply for renewal

All of y'all should come to AZ. The only hoop you jump through is celebrating your 21st b-day, after which you can carry pretty much anything you want, almost anywhere you want. No paperwork, no fees, no serializing, no registration, nothing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Too bad AZ is landlocked. I need access to the ocean for my wellbeing.

Wow, glad I live in PA.

- fill out one form
- walk into courthouse
- turn in paperwork
- pay $25
- in 5 years, pay $25 and apply for renewal .........................................................................................................................................................................................Ah Yep, & that is why this guy is moving there..Better weather & gun laws..Mike in Ct. who hunts in Pa & NH

Wow, glad I live in PA.

- fill out one form
- walk into courthouse
- turn in paperwork
- pay $25
- in 5 years, pay $25 and apply for renewal

Glad I live in KS
-Turn 21
-Don't get busted for a felony
-Buy a gun
-Buy a holster
-Carry

All of y'all should come to AZ. The only hoop you jump through is celebrating your 21st b-day, after which you can carry pretty much anything you want, almost anywhere you want. No paperwork, no fees, no serializing, no registration, nothing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glad I live in KS
-Turn 21
-Don't get busted for a felony
-Buy a gun
-Buy a holster
-Carry

As much as I would love constitutional carry here, I'll gladly take PA over CA, NY, MD, or NJ any day! :thumbup:

My interview was a pistol live fire test in the basement of the old town hall..I was 18 back in the 70's Still took nearly an act of congress to get approval back then...20 years ago, my wife went thru a lot dealing w Newington PD..They never rush this stuff..But CT is a shall issue, not may issue state..Be patient but persistent..Don;t believe the old we lost your fingerprints dodge...Good Luck , Mike in Ct
I grew up in newington. Small world

If it's not too late, take a look at the HK VP9...it's a few bucks more than a Glock 17/19 or S&W M&P but IMHO has the best trigger on the market right now and it's an HK so it'll be reliable. CDNN has them for around $600 pretty regularly. Magazines and holsters are also widely available.

For me, this immediately became my favorite pistol after an afternoon at the range.

Seems like a lot of towns are running at about an 11-14 week wait, it definitely helps to call the PD and find out your status. If things take way too long or you are in a rush you can file an appeal with the state to get your paperwork pushed through after 8 weeks. Look into CCDL if you haven't already.

Seems like a lot of towns are running at about an 11-14 week wait, it definitely helps to call the PD and find out your status. If things take way too long or you are in a rush you can file an appeal with the state to get your paperwork pushed through after 8 weeks. Look into CCDL if you haven't already.
I was unaware but am on the site now. Thank you

Even if you are "in a rush", don't tell the cops that. They'll slow down on it just to make sure you aren't gonna kill somebody. A little "good faith" money thrown around town doesn't hurt, especially smaller ones. Sponsor a youth team, pound in some political signs, donate to the local PBA, that sort of thing. Let them see you as an upstanding guy, not just some local they don't know showing up and demanding a gun permit. If you have a Guns Save Lives chapter, show up to that- or find the closest thing, and show up to that. Not only is it a good place to get information, it's a good way to get out of the house one night a month and usually involves meeting at someplace to eat. Dress normally, don't go in there in a Confederate Flag T shirt or (God Forbid) a pot leaf shirt- and yes- this has been done. Exhibit reasonable competency and good humor, but DON'T play "know it all". Good Luck.

Oh. the gun. A revolver is fine, get it in at least .40. In fact, whatever you pick, get it in at least .40. Just my opinion. If you do pick a revolver, train with speedloaders, or better yet, carry two guns.

I don't know if you've bought a belt and holster yet but if you haven't you may want to check out crossbreedseconds.com. It's Crossbreed's stuff but with minor cosmetic flaws for much cheaper. A seconds belt is the only Crossbreed item I own, so not a fan boy.

Oh. the gun. A revolver is fine, get it in at least .40. In fact, whatever you pick, get it in at least .40. Just my opinion. If you do pick a revolver, train with speedloaders, or better yet, carry two guns.

I'm unaware of any revolvers chambered for the .40 S&W.

I don't know if you've bought a belt and holster yet but if you haven't you may want to check out crossbreedseconds.com. It's Crossbreed's stuff but with minor cosmetic flaws for much cheaper. A seconds belt is the only Crossbreed item I own, so not a fan boy.
I will, thanks for the heads up!

I'm unaware of any revolvers chambered for the .40 S&W.

Although it can be fired in a 610 (10mm), there was only one model made specifically for the .40 S&W: The rare, elusive, and discontinued Model 646

2012-10-27jmoorestuff057_zps36420af9.jpg

...and it's Performance Center sibling:

RIMZ%20646%20-%20Montage%20-%20Width%201600.JPG

Back