Pivot Mechanisms on the new Paul Alexander designs?

Hello all,

New Spyderco fan here, and new to BF as well. Loving the conversation and information, thank you.

I’m wondering if anyone knows what the pivots mechs are for the new Alexander designs. I see one from Japan, and the other from Taiwan. Should I expect Teflon washers and bearings, respectively? I ask only because of a few online reviews of other Alexander knives I viewed, which I interpreted to mean it might be the case.

I’ve been carrying my Sliverax almost exclusively since I got it, and absolutely loving it. I’m hoping for something with a similar feel in the action.

Thanks again!

Eric

I think the design/designer dictate whether ball bearing or washer pivots will be used. Although I think all ball bearing knives Spyderco makes come out of Taiwan... But washer knives certainly get made there too.

Hi Sal, thank you for the welcome, and reply!

I’ve noticed this CQI you employ, nicely done!

My question about the pivot workings is motivated by a few video reviews of other knife models that used Teflon washers. I have no direct personal experience with these, but the reviews didn’t have a very high opinion of them. Combine that with my own love for this Sliverax, and my desire to have more knives with a similar action: it got me wondering, looking at the new releases.

Any other current Spyderco models I should be looking at? IE with bearings and a compression lock?

Thanks!

Back