Pix and Six Blems for 4/22

If acknowledgement does come through, how?
Through this site's PM system, or regular email?
Denis

You did mail auntie at himimp@aol.com to request for the DOTD? Sometimes the email may be lost in transit. After a few days without a reply, it may be prudent to resend, and inquire gently about the original email. Good luck and hope that you get what you want.

Thanks, me too.

Sent three emails now & there's been activity by her in this thread & elsewhere after the first two, so just wasn't sure if I'm using the wrong process or if whatever method she uses is not getting through at this end.

Checking junk mail filters, watching email, watching NOTIFICATIONS on this site. So far, nothing.

When BFH got a response to his email after I sent mine & I hadn't heard anything back, thought I must be doing something wrong.
Denis

Did you email her directly at himimp@aol.com or send her a message thru the site?
There have been reports of messages sent thru the site not arriving.

Be advised though, that she is dealing with very many problems on the personal side lately in addition to worrying about family, friends, business due to the earthquake in Nepal. She probably has many, many emails to field. Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated.

Two through the HIMIMP & one through the site.
Mentioned it here, as you've seen.
Done everything but call on the phone. :)

Don't mean to sound insensitive to the Nepal situation, or demanding.
Just saw signs of continuing business here & wanted to be sure I'm not screwing something up at my end.

Denis

Two through the HIMIMP & one through the site.
Mentioned it here, as you've seen.
Done everything but call on the phone. :)

Don't mean to sound insensitive to the Nepal situation, or demanding.
Just saw signs of continuing business here & wanted to be sure I'm not screwing something up at my end.

Denis

Just received email from auntie. She apologizes, but she cannot find your emails. She wants to email or call you directly.

Can you pm or email me your info and I will forward it to her.

Thanks for the help.

Would not have been so persistent during the Nepal situation if she'd closed down completely & would have fully understood.
But when I saw business was still being conducted with others, kept trying.
Denis

Thanks for the help.

Would not have been so persistent during the Nepal situation if she'd closed down completely & would have fully understood.
Denis

Your persistence, patience, and business, is greatly appreciated I'm sure.

Glad to help.

And here I was figuring I might just as easily have pissed her off by being a nuisance.
Denis

Thanks for the help.

Denis

I emailed you the following:

Denis:

Auntie sent you an email and it “kickbacked” as undeliverable, back to her.

Please contact her at +1 (775) 825-2279

I will also post this same message on the thread.

Best

Every once in a while Utah & Nevada get into a dispute over water out there along the border.

I'm thinking maybe somebody's cutting the telegraph lines again.

If you are RC, I've gotten one email from you as a CC to Yangdu.
Did not get an email from you containing the red outline above.
I've also gotten two identical emails from her. :)

She says that blem I was trying to get is "long gone", but I didn't see it listed as sold so I didn't know that.

She kindly offered me a non-blem wood-handled replacement at the same price, and I just sent her an email (cc to you in case the lines are down again between here & Reno) taking her up on the offer, with a couple bucks extra on top of what she was asking.

My experience, as I've said here before, with HI started nearly 25 years ago when I bought what's now called a villager from Bill, back before they moved to Nevada.

I had a very enjoyable half-hour discussion on the phone with him over it & related matters.
Since bought two other khukuris & a limited-edition Bowie/Khukuri hybrid that I can't recall the name of.

Prefer to stick with HI, satisfactory results & known quantity/quality all along till this one went South. :)
After several tries, I was an inch away from pushing the GO button on a Khukuri House model this morning because I couldn't get a response from HI.
Not my first choice, but....

With the invaluable go-between help here & the willingness of Yangdu to "make it good", as she said, KH won't be getting this order & I'll stick to HI. :)

Thanks again.
Denis

If you are RC, I've gotten one email from you as a CC to Yangdu.

Yes, RC is me....:D

I have 2 emails for you, I wasn't sure which was "good:, so I've been sending emails to both addresses.

Would you mind forwarding that email I cc'd you on to her, just in case, please?
The address it was sent from is the best way to get through to me & I don't want to miss out on her offer. :)
Denis

Would you mind forwarding that email I cc'd you on to her, just in case, please?
The address it was sent from is the best way to get through to me & I don't want to miss out on her offer. :)
Denis

sure, i'll do so ASAP

Whoops...I don't have it, can you try sending it to me again? No cc, just a direct email.

Insane.
No idea what the bleep's wrong with email.

Re-sent that direct to you.
Getting your emails.
Got your cc to me in your email to Yangdu telling her I accept your offer.

This should not have to tie up space here.
Denis

THINK it might be resolved.
Have not wanted to call her, thought it'd be better to leave her lines open for more important things right now.

Thanks for everybody's patience & RC's help.
Denis

Imagine the confusion on Aunties end. With all of us sending her emails (I agree much better than the phone for her time wise).
She is a priceless comodity though and she wants you and all of us happy no matter what it takes.

We see this from time to time, she just doesn't get the email sometimes. Why some work and some don't is a mystery far to complicated for this Missouri dirt farmer to try and figure out.

I wish you good luck and you were very wise to exercise patience and wait for Auntie and the best. Second best stays on a persons mind forever like a thorn under your saddle. The best stays on your mind like a badge of honor for the whole world to see.

Happy Friday.

Back