Pix: Show & Tell - Custom Scabbards & Frogs

While visiting Minnesota last year, I left a few of my favorite things with a friend (Ken Anderson) to get some new custom leather scabbards & frogs made. Here are some of the results:

First photo (L to R):

• Stek damascus Bowie
  • HI 18" M43
  • Tora 18" Forces model
  • WWII Officers M43
  • HI 16.5" WWII
  • WWII Buck & Ryan
Second Photo: Misc frogs, belt, Lutz-Geo compass case.

Ken does all of his work by hand, and has made numerous holsters, rifle scabbards, and cowboy and buckskinner accoutrements for me over the years. These were the first khukuris he's played with. :D

Attachments

• scabbards.jpg
    scabbards.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 195
  • frogs.JPG
    frogs.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 84
I have a few Sarki Shop items that I'm mighty proud of. Here is a traditional-style belt sheath for my JKM-1:

attachment.php

Here is a seax sheath:

attachment.php

More goodies to follow! :D

Top to bottom:

1. 18" Bura Hanshee scabbard by Terry Sisco with original HI superfrog.
2 & 3: Pen-knife and 15" AK cloth scabbard covers
4. H.I. Trishul Decker sheath
5. Kesar M43 with brown "body bag" scabbard cover.

attachment.php

Scabbard and baldric for a stage-fighting sword belonging to my son:

attachment.php

Holy Toledo! Raggie...That's what I want for my Tarwar...and my 25" Sirupati...and maybe my Falcatta...

Well...you get the idea. :D Did T-Bone make that?

Jim, really nice work! Is he open for business to the public? Do you have contact info?

Thanks,

Norm

I love the one with the karda sheath incorporated into it. Does he sell them or just make them for you?

Svashtar said:
Is he open for business to the public? Do you have contact info?
Ken does custom leather work in his spare time. I always have given him the blade to work with and a sketch or photo of what I'm looking for. He doesn't use the internet or e-mail, but if you e-mail me, I'd be happy to send you his address and phone number. He's easy to work with, honest, and very reasonable. These were the first khuk scabbards I've asked him to make, and he does all of his work by hand, using good leather and old fashioned Scandahoovian craftsmanship. He only does leather work -- not canvas or wood, and he doesn't know khuks, so you can't just ask for an 18th century frog or something for an 18" Sirupati. He does guarantee his work, but I've always been more than happy with Ken's product. Now I'm going to try my hand with canvas, wood, and latigo, with some materials I got from the Duluth Pack Co. :eek:

Back