Pizza and Slicers

I grew up in Detroit metro. I've lived in Missouri for the last 36 years. I don't often voice it, but one thing I've missed is the pizza. There is good pizza around here, but Detroit, at least back then, had a plethora of excellent pizza choices. At first I just thought it was because I was in a more rural area, but then I lived in KC for 3 years and no, Detroit just has better pizza. Barbecue OTOH.....

You damn east coast pizza snobs. :p

Ain't much good come out of NYC or tri state area for eons!! Pizza is about the best thing!
New York city water is the best tasting out of any municipality I've been! It also the key thing that makes NYC pizza the best!! Can't be replicated, many have tried but no joy! Knew a guy in the.Pocono's (Pennsylvania) who brought NYC water up 55 gallon drums so his.pizza tasted right!! Homemade, mind you! Just one knuckle heads opinion!

7Y4A4tj.jpg

Nice knives! Some of you guys are making me hungry as Hell and some of you need to step up your pizza game! LOL

That said, what are some of the best pizza joints around you?

My all time favorites are:

1.) Pies and Pints, Fayetteville Wv.
2.) Mountain State Brewery, Bridgeport, WV
3.) Kings Pizza, Inwood, WV.
4.) Franks Pizza, Rocky Mount, VA

Nice knives! Some of you guys are making me hungry as Hell and some of you need to step up your pizza game! LOL

That said, what are some of the best pizza joints around you?

My all time favorites are:

1.) Pies and Pints, Fayetteville Wv.
2.) Mountain State Brewery, Bridgeport, WV
3.) Kings Pizza, Inwood, WV.
4.) Franks Pizza, Rocky Mount, VA
We've got this great place here called My Kitchen. They make fantastic pizza! Truly one of a kind.

:D

This is a difficult topic for me. I can no longer eat pizza. And I'm from Chicago.

My body just won't digest high fat foods... especially dairy.

Best true Chicago pizza (thin crust) was Charlotte's, on the border of Palatine and Barrington, IL.

But it's sadly long gone.

If I could eat it, my current top 5:

Bill's pub Mundelein, IL
Di Piero's Lake Zurich, IL
Old Oak, Palatine, IL
JJ Twigs Wauconda, IL
Remember Charlotte's, Barrington IL

Back