Pizza and Slicers

Way back in the seventies I worked at a take out pizza place in the Detroit metro area. It was owned and managed by Sicilians. I'm pretty sure they were laundering money for the mafia, but that's another story :cool:. They used something like this to cut the pizzas. Still some of the best pizza I ever ate.
0b667239a1399da0674b5e49a96ad5cf.jpg

Way back in the seventies I worked at a take out pizza place in the Detroit metro area. It was owned and managed by Sicilians. I'm pretty sure they were laundering money for the mafia, but that's another story :cool:. They used something like this to cut the pizzas. Still some of the best pizza I ever ate.
0b667239a1399da0674b5e49a96ad5cf.jpg
Please, do not let common sense invade this pristine thread.

A dedicated mezzaluna or other tool is fine, but why in the world would anyone take a fine edge and drag it across a metal pan?

Over at the Moon Bar, the blind pig where my son’s friends gather to watch football,the pizza cutter of choice is a Condor bolo. The curvature of the blade gives the same rocking motion. It comes out from under the bar whenever there is a pizza or a dispute to be moderated.

Over at the Moon Bar, the blind pig where my son’s friends gather to watch football,the pizza cutter of choice is a Condor bolo. The curvature of the blade gives the same rocking motion. It comes out from under the bar whenever there is a pizza or a dispute to be moderated.
Thank You!
Now I know what to use that overweight hunk of metal for.:thumbsup:

Joe's, NYC by the slice. Essentially one of the most overated sub par burnt pizza spots in NYC. It used to be the best in the 1980s. Today I was reminded of how far they've fallen...

it’s tough to be a knife fan in NYC Huh?
E9Xempb.jpg

I'm almost debated slipping that sucker underneath the slice for fear of getting caught lol.

You don’t cut the pie while it’s on the pan. I thought everyone except my ex-wife knew that.
Out of the oven, transfer to a board, cut, then move to a wire rack so the crust doesn't get soggy.
Nothing more disappointing after hours of dough and ingredient prep than soggy crust.
But of course if you're just pulling one of those flavorless pizza pucks out of the freezer you're pretty much a savage anyway...;):p (shhh, I've been known to indulge as well)

Out of the oven, transfer to a board, cut, then move to a wire rack so the crust doesn't get soggy.
Nothing more disappointing after hours of dough and ingredient prep than soggy crust.
But of course if you're just pulling one of those flavorless pizza pucks out of the freezer you're pretty much a savage anyway...;):p (shhh, I've been known to indulge as well)
I must be pretty much straight Viking. I’ll go as far as eating leftover frozen pizza for breakfast, cold of course. Or taking it to work wrapped in aluminum foil or in Tupperware and let the sun heat it up on the dash. You work on enough job sites you’ll see all kinds of tricks. I’ve seen folks heat them up on truck engines, pvc hot box benders, or even just a good ole torch. Then some people will just bring their own microwave to the site, but where’s the fun and ingenuity in that ;):D

I must be pretty much straight Viking. I’ll go as far as eating leftover frozen pizza for breakfast, cold of course. Or taking it to work wrapped in aluminum foil or in Tupperware and let the sun heat it up on the dash. You work on enough job sites you’ll see all kinds of tricks. I’ve seen folks heat them up on truck engines, pvc hot box benders, or even just a good ole torch. Then some people will just bring their own microwave to the site, but where’s the fun and ingenuity in that ;):D
And apropos it is, in the U.S. historically these things were food for workers on the go!

Anyhow was recently visiting family in Boston and lo and behold they opened up a Frank Pepe's! Ordered the clam pie, it didn't need a knife so....tasted just like the original locale though! Nice and garlicky!

DwunuJC.jpg

when I was younger I'd eat left over cold pizza can't really get into it now (soggy and gluey cheese etc). I think I became a snob after I bought my first Sebenza! :)

when I was younger I'd eat left over cold pizza can't really get into it now (soggy and gluey cheese etc). I think I became a snob after I bought my first Sebenza! :)
That’s my snob sebenza above :D It’s my non worker. Just a casual carry. Can’t bring myself to hop off in a ditch with the ebony wood just yet

Im too pussy to lay my sebenza in the grease! Lol
Hahaha that’s great. All my CRKs get used and worked with. Cut none of them any slack except that one. I’m with my three year old boy out eating. He said we were eating in the truck when I ordered it and now he changed his mind. So we are sitting at a table In the restaurant with to go boxes eatingo_O:rolleyes:

Back