PJ Tomes information

I recently purchased a small Tomes collection circa 1980's-90's (2 hatchets, 3 knives) and was hoping to reach out to him (or a family member?) to ask about 4 that are pretty unique. I scoured Google and tried 3 numbers (all old posts) and none were correct. None of us are getting younger so I would really like to get some historical record to attach where I can. If they are enjoying their privacy I would also welcome an intermediary, and any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

All are Tomes except far right (Turnbull):

qr01USE.jpg

I think I found him.

Patrick J Tomes, formerly of Luray, VA (a known former address of PJ Tomes)

Link removed by staff to protect against bots and privacy matters. There are sources of information online...

I think I found him.

Patrick J Tomes, formerly of Luray, VA (a known former address of PJ Tomes)

Link removed by staff to protect against bots and privacy matters. There are sources of information online...
I'll try Googling that, mods removed due to privacy. Thanks!

I knew Pat from setting up next to him at some shows in Winchester and other VA shows in the '70's-80's. Really nice guy and top flight knife maker. Wish I had bought a few of his knives.
Rich

P.J. has kind of been in and out of knife making for the last decade or so. Spent some time living in Costa Rica and then Thailand. He came back to the states and I thought he told me he was going to start knife making again but I haven't heard anything from him for a while.

No apology necessary, scarysamcary scarysamcary

I've had the pleasure and privilege of spending some time with PJ at shows in years past, and own a handful of pieces by him. That said, unless someone wants their details broadcast on this or any other site, it's better to take the prudent course and help protect their privacy.

I haven't been in contact with him in some time and don't know if he is still active or what his circumstances may be.

Saw PJ several years ago at the Shenandoah knife show, still looking good and making knives

Back