Please end the nightmare...lol

Hi guys, I'm a disabled LEO. Reading/writing is very difficult for me so please bare with me. Broke my EDC (CKF Morrf) about 6 months ago but haven't found a replacement. Have spent so much time at this it has become a chore, day after day reading knife reviews but can only retain a fraction of what I read. Thought I would have something definite in my sights by now so I could score a holiday deal but I don't so I'm turning to you guys for help.

My budget is $250, sheeple friendly but at least a 4 inch blade, flipper preferred. Size wise the CRKT Jumbones is at my upper limit but I'm not a fan of the materials. Currently the WE Knives Miscreant 913A is my main contender but I'm having a hard time spending that much on a Chinese knife. Looking for suggestions similar to these knives please and thanks!

Yup, if any 4"+ blade can be described as "sheeple friendly", it's the 0452CF. But maybe to make it more so, you could go for the 0452Ti, and anodize it pink. :) That should help ease tensions when it's pulled at Walmart.

Not sure how friendly a 4” folder is, but the rest of what you describe could be a ZT 0452CF.
https://www.knifecenter.com/item/ZT...satin-blade-carbon-fiber-and-titanium-handles
View attachment 1240893

ZT 0452 is starting to win me over but hasn't turned me from the WE 913 Miscreant. Had a few ZT's but one with a bad heat treat left me soured. I also hate their pocket clips so I would have to purchase a custom clip. Still considering though thanks!

If you want the WE Miscreant, go for it. You won’t be disappointed.

If I could find a better price than what has been listed for months on the WE Miscreant I would go for it but as I understand it WE Knife CO. will not let it be discounted any further at this time. I could of purchased this back in August for $213, $233 minus a 10% discount code that was offered, but now on Black Friday its still $233? I talked to 3 stores yesterday about this knife, even a 5% discount would of gotten my money, and not one offered anything other than excuses. If I see one in the exchange or I see a sale I'll probably get it.

Agree to the suggestion for ZT 0452CF. May also add ZT 0920, two limited runs of which are on sale for $195 apiece.

If you are in Canada be carefull what you buy if ordering from USA
Maybe check up on the new CBSA rules.

8T96x6f.jpg

0F3EnYk.jpg

71jVQB4.jpg

If you are in Canada be carefull what you buy if ordering from USA
Maybe check up on the new CBSA rules.

OMG! Say it ain't so!
Just checked the prices this side of the boarder and the ZT 0452CF is $263.52 usd and the WE 913 is $308.69 usd...ouch!

ZT 0452 is starting to win me over but hasn't turned me from the WE 913 Miscreant. Had a few ZT's but one with a bad heat treat left me soured. I also hate their pocket clips so I would have to purchase a custom clip. Still considering though thanks!

If I could find a better price than what has been listed for months on the WE Miscreant I would go for it but as I understand it WE Knife CO. will not let it be discounted any further at this time. I could of purchased this back in August for $213, $233 minus a 10% discount code that was offered, but now on Black Friday its still $233? I talked to 3 stores yesterday about this knife, even a 5% discount would of gotten my money, and not one offered anything other than excuses. If I see one in the exchange or I see a sale I'll probably get it.
We's are incredibly well made and worth the price. Even without a discount, I'd say go for it.

We's are incredibly well made and worth the price. Even without a discount, I'd say go for it.

Current prices in Canada are over my $250 usd budget so l may have to look at a different knife. Trying to stay under budget so it doesn't feel like losing a testicle if the knife is lost.

How did you break the Morrf?

Tried to dig broadhead out of a tree. Had a pass through on a worn broadhead target. Softwood too, spruce, so I was surprised.

Current prices in Canada are over my $250 usd budget so l may have to look at a different knife. Trying to stay under budget so it doesn't feel like losing a testicle if the knife is lost.

Tried to dig broadhead out of a tree. Had a pass through on a worn broadhead target. Softwood too, spruce, so I was surprised.

That's what a strong fixed blade is for, not a folder lol

That's what a strong fixed blade is for, not a folder lol

It was the only tool I had on me at the time. I shoot everyday and have done similar with a $12 Enlan EL-02 so I figured the Morrf was good to go. I knew the Morrf would be more brittle so there was nothing exaggerated in my efforts but it broke easily and there was what looked like a rusty spot inside. I assume it wasn't rust but that's the only way I can describe it.

Back