Please help me identify the kami (yes, again...)

...I've looked all over for a picture of Purna's original mark but can't find it...

mEi7vPoh.jpg

from this thread: http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/incredible-service-from-hi.1331849/

I can never remember all the marks but I thought the leaf was Anil. Thought Ram Kumar was like a Nepali flag.

But again my memory of these things is not trustworthy at all.

I've looked all over for a picture of Purna's original mark but can't find it. I'm sure Meister Tall will have one in about 4 seconds.

I'll have to check at home, I know I have a few of his blades with the early marks.

stwm- Ndogs knife is the knife in that video. The first prize knife made by Purna. I want to say it's a Salyan but don't quote me on that, I'll deny all knowledge and ever being here that day if I'm wrong.
She's a beauty for sure and I was quite jealous for quite some time but I got over it, I'm ok really. A small beach towel to soak up the tears, a little time on the kitchen floor curled up in a fatal position sucking my thumb and I forget all about it.
I posted what I bought and she stated Ram Kumar. I just looked on it and it's a leaf

I came across this video yesterday and noticed the centerpunch mark made way back ten years ago or more. He wondering who the Kami is (@1:17). Im thinking it is on the other side if at all. Thought yall might like to see this. Apparently last year was not the first time they center punched them. Im figuring it is over 10 years old and Pre UB.

Is that Beer mug kami? Tirtha?

Youtube comments say:

Shakti Bishwokarma.

I don't know who that is.

Thats what I thought at first but thats a Devanagri character and not the beer mug (Madal drum). Does kinda look like it tho dont it? Im still researching. My puter crashed a bit back and I lost all my links so im relying on my memory now. Thats not good:D

It's a good video, but the narrator left out two important points:

1. The Kumar Kobra model is primarily designed as a fighting blade, not a chopper. The narrator was impressed with the chopping ability of his blade (which is larger than most Kobras), and perhaps wasn't familiar with other HI models.

2. He mentioned the lack of a hand guard at one point, but didn't say (maybe he didn't know) that the ring goes between two fingers and keeps the hand from accidentally sliding up onto the blade. Again, his Kobra is larger than most, with a long handle, and I noticed that he mostly held it with his entire hand in front of the ring, which defeats the purpose of the ring.

Last edited:
Yeah i noticed that (no.2) I dont think he knows about the ring. I have one and also a Siru 25" and both are capable of chopping. Im careful with them becasue of their edge geometry and id never try to blast through the hardwood core of a piece of seasoned post oak or even red cedar but they are capable. I got other blades for that so why push it:D

So I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but I've been looking all over and cannot find a mark that looks like this one but I could just be blind and looked right over it. This is on my CAK that I got 2 years ago. Any help would be appreciated.
IMG_3228.jpg

So I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but I've been looking all over and cannot find a mark that looks like this one but I could just be blind and looked right over it. This is on my CAK that I got 2 years ago. Any help would be appreciated.
IMG_3228.jpg

That looks like one of the bull/cow variations that Purna uses.

Back