G'day Larry , I can't give you a confirmed date of manufacture but I do have 5 LB 8's.
One has the serial number 77751 - SCHRADE + over USA LB8
the other 4 have no serial #'s and all tang stamps read Uncle Henry over SCHRADE + over LB8 USA.
All are 3 pin.The one with the serial number and one with out have the centre pin about half an inch more forward than the others.
hope this helps , mark

#A36528, tang stamped Uncle Henry (in cursive)/ SCHRADE +/ LB8 USA. Unknown provenance. Three pins in each staglon handle cover.

I just picked an Uncle Henry LB8 in the brown and tan box, with the one year loss guarantee paper. Brown sheath, with a very difficult snap. Tang marked Uncle Henry(script) Schrade+ LB8 USA. Three pins in the Staglon(?) scales, two bolster pins at the lock end. Some pitting and discoloration of the brass due to being stored in the sheath. No serial number. Were the no serial number knives from the end of the factory production, or is this an anomaly?

Hello All! I know this is an old thread but I am a new user so I thought I'd add to it. I have an Uncle Henry LB8 with the following: 3 pin, serial number 18778. Schrade+, USA LB8 (no dash between LB and 8, no "uncle henry" in cursive above "Shrade+). I wish I knew the date of manufacture but I am learning a lot on this forum! Thanks!

i agree with him the LB 8 were independent of the LB 7's. (plus entered the wrong entry here and had to do something to save face.) don't you just love the lock backs!

Attachments

• LB 7 4184 01.jpg
    LB 7 4184 01.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 18
  • LB 7 4184 02.jpg
    LB 7 4184 02.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 12
  • LB 7 4184 03.jpg
    LB 7 4184 03.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
yes i do love the lock backs delmas2nd!
that is a beauty you have there, i think i just saw that at auction, my timing was off tho & i missed out on the bidding...

so here's a question regarding the LB8... did some LB7's have blades stamped LB8? i have seen an "LB8" at auction that has the rosewood handles, but the blade is stamped LB8 instead of LB7... i have read here that some LB8's with staglon handles had LB7 stamped on the blade, but did it ever go the other way?

now that i am not sure of. the LB8's with the LB7 blades were the first LB8's made. they switched over rather quickly to the correct stamping. plus some of the "LB8's" were really LB7's in a set of Dixie Collection knives with staglon handles (i think that is the right way to put that?) but the have serial numbers starting with NC475 or another southern state abbreviation. my best guess is that the LB7 with the LB8 blade is an end of days knife where they were putting every thing together with anything that was close to fitting or some guy bought the parts and made it.

thanks delmas2nd, i figured the same with this oddball, either end of days, or home modified... interesting nonetheless ;)

I have an LB8, serial number 71699, it came in a white box with gold "Uncle Henry" lettering in script, blade reads SCHRADE (with that "cross" beside it...) then U.SA. and LB8 under that. I got it for Christmas in either '81, or '82, 3-pin, with the bottom one forward from the center, I guess the strangest thing is the sheath...it says "Old Timer" on it rather than "Schrade", yet fits the knife perfectly. I wish I could tell you more info, all I know is it came from a sporting goods store in Wilmington, Delaware, at the Concord Mall. This store has long closed, the mall is this open... ...hope this helps...

Forgot to add that the knife itself was wrapped in some sort of paper, as was the sheath, and separately from each other in the box...

Last edited:
Edited to remove text because mine is not an LB8. Sorry. :eek:

Last edited:
I received mine as a gift NIB around 1982 or '83 I think. Serial number is A35115.

Three years since the last reply, but I'm adding mine here.

SCHRADE+
U.S.A. LB8
Serial# 90770

Three pins. Script "Uncle Henry" on handle.

Back