Please sign Canadian knife import ban e-petition

The declared value was $20 and it was a Sanrenmu from China. Bought specifically to see if it would clear. Contents were labelled “electronic parts” but is was opened and confiscated.

I hate to say it, it is one hell of a good knife for $16USD. :oops:

I wont be buying a high end folder from the US and having it shipped to Canada any time soon though.
man, that must have been luck of the draw for that to end up getting hit.

i heard anything under $100 pretty much gets ignored. Under $100 electronic parts , you think that'd be invisible. Must have been random or it caught someones eye on an X-ray. That or the seller has been flagged or something.

I almost tried the same thing on a new knife from a retailer from the States. Something over $100 that would say knife on the customs slip. i was thinking a SE endura. Big enough to catch someones eye and maybe raise a red flag. Only reason i didn't was just to avoid playing games with retailers. A pile of knives start getting sent back and they may just stop dealing with canadians.

***For some reason, admin merged my post into this petition one. However, my post presents the article regarding a lawyer taking up the cause, with a go fund me program in place, to cover her costs. Please read my original post below. Thank you.

Knife manufactures, and the entire knife community, can help stop this ridiculousness. Please read the article, and think about helping out us Canadians. Thank you!!

http://knifenews.com/attorney-asks-knif ... gislation/

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this! I will certainly support it!
One thing that is scary from the Gofundme campaign though, that there is no getting around, is this;

"The first step is to Issue Action in the Superior Court of Justice; request suspension of the force and effect of the CITT decision and section 84(1) to permit the government and legislators to rewrite or redefine what is and what is not a ‘prohibited weapon’ in Canada."

Knife nuts should be the ones to rewrite or redefine what is and what is not a ‘prohibited weapon’ in Canada!:p

Seriously though, I don't trust legislators to get it right.:(

I donated $30 bucks. I'd donate more, but I'm kind of screwed for cash right now. I also shared it on Facebook. And Kevin Cleary made an update video about it. Hopefully this thing actually reverts!!

Have any of the Canadian members here joined the American Knife & Tool Institute?

I've never heard of them, until now. Unfortunately, just like the NRA, this institute would have zero influence in what goes on in Canada.

The reason I posted on the general forum, and not the Canadian one, is that the majority of quality knives that are imported into Canada, come from the U.S.A. American knife manufacturers can actually help themselves, by supporting this cause. Sure, Canada has a much smaller population than the U.S.A., but recreational knives are a big part of our culture, and I hope they always will be.

Thanks for posting this! I will certainly support it!
One thing that is scary from the Gofundme campaign though, that there is no getting around, is this;

"The first step is to Issue Action in the Superior Court of Justice; request suspension of the force and effect of the CITT decision and section 84(1) to permit the government and legislators to rewrite or redefine what is and what is not a ‘prohibited weapon’ in Canada."

Knife nuts should be the ones to rewrite or redefine what is and what is not a ‘prohibited weapon’ in Canada!:p

Seriously though, I don't trust legislators to get it right.:(

I trust that you are not a Canadian.....

At least those people making the laws are voted in by the public, within this system.

Unfortunately, what's going on here, as well as what has gone on with guns, to some extent (I won't get into that here), is government departments making up their own laws.

Our system is supposed to be the lesser of the two evils, but were currently have a limp d!@k PM whom is currently too distracted to look at this issue.

I trust that you are not a Canadian.....

At least those people making the laws are voted in by the public, within this system.

Unfortunately, what's going on here, as well as what has gone on with guns, to some extent (I won't get into that here), is government departments making up their own laws.

Our system is supposed to be the lesser of the two evils, but were currently have a limp d!@k PM whom is currently too distracted to look at this issue.
Yes, I am a Canadian. My concern is that the lawmakers here will rewrite the laws to make them more restrictive.

I said it before, this crap is ridiculous, and it would be in the Politicians best interest to really beat down the customs agency, they are essentially trying to make their own laws. They are enforcers, not lawmakers.

Yes, I am a Canadian. My concern is that the lawmakers here will rewrite the laws to make them more restrictive.

Well, I would normally simple say, "Let's hope not.", but I won't in this case.

I anticipate a Knife Lobby Group will soon be formed. I'm too old and ill to lead, but I can help spread the word.

The first step is to get the import ban stopped. Then, as you mention, we'll likely see new ownership / carry laws. The time frame in between the two should be long enough for a lobby group to get their ducks in a row......I hope.

I said it before, this crap is ridiculous, and it would be in the Politicians best interest to really beat down the customs agency, they are essentially trying to make their own laws. They are enforcers, not lawmakers.

If you are an informed Canadian gun owner, you know all to well, how "sour" this scenario can become. You are correct, and at this moment, contributing to the lawyer's go fund me, is the best bet. If you can't, spreading the word is your next move. The link is in Kevin's video.

If you are an informed Canadian gun owner, you know all to well, how "sour" this scenario can become. You are correct, and at this moment, contributing to the lawyer's go fund me, is the best bet. If you can't, spreading the word is your next move. The link is in Kevin's video.

I'm from germany, but I made some crap experience with my local customs office as well, they tried to bring me to court for allegedly importing "Military Hardware (Same charge as if was trying to buy a Hellfire Missile lol)" when in truth it was a completely legal part for a toy gun. So I am more than a bit sour with customs here as well, I'll send a donation nonetheless.

Back