1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 33 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Boker Urban Trapper 732 , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Please sign Canadian knife import ban e-petition

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Johnny Canuck, Mar 3, 2018.

1. The_Iron_Joe

The_Iron_Joe Knifemaker, Jeweller

May 3, 2012
    I have heard of people locally not being able to import Leatherman multitools, of all things.

2. Night Rider

Night Rider Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 16, 2018
    Last I checked Baseball bats, Golf clubs, and hammers kill a lot of people every year when used as a weapon :eek:

3. Night Rider

Night Rider Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 16, 2018
    We have a few members of this board with disability's who absolutely need one hand operated knife.

4. cbrstar

cbrstar Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 7, 2015
    The reality is I bet most people are stabbed with a kitchen knife. They are cheap, every where, large and pointy.

It would be interesting if you could get statistics on what actual knives are being used in crimes.

5. Chucktabulous

Chucktabulous

Jan 11, 2019
    I'd feel a lot safer if they banned hockey sticks.
    They have a hella reach advantage over a minigrip.

Duper and marcus52AR like this.
  6. Gideons

Gideons

Dec 9, 2015
    The petition for this was presented to the House of Commons today, I wonder what the response will be.

marcus52AR likes this.
  7. Rusty_shackelford

Rusty_shackelford Gold Member Gold Member

May 3, 2013
    Good to know.
    Thanks for the info

8. razorburn

razorburn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2007
    Got an email about the petition yesterday.

"This is to inform you that petition e-1552, which you signed on the petitions website of the House of Commons, was presented in the House of Commons on January 30, 2019. You will be notified once a government response has been tabled. Please do not reply to this email, as this address is not monitored. If you have questions about the e-petitions process or encounter technical problems, please visit the petitions website at https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/ or contact the Clerk of Petitions at [email protected]. "

Duper likes this.
  9. Wallace Mutt

Wallace Mutt

Jan 24, 2016
    This border ruling was a win for big corporate in Canada. Very skewed exception for businesses that basically have a grandfathered license that today is almost impossible to aquire to continue to import knives that the CBSA will prohibit to regular citizens. I hope they talk about it during the debate.

10. Gideons

Gideons

Dec 9, 2015
    This is a completely incorrect state. Corporations like blades canada, cannot even get the FBL. If this truly did help "Big corporate" we would of already seen corporations take advantage of it, but no FBL licensed corporation has been importing knives that other companies or citizens cannot also import. Knives are a small niche market in Canada. The CBSA ruling affected everybody let's not turn this into something it isn't.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  11. Etna

Etna

Jun 17, 2015
    Sorry to be a wet blanket, but I had a look at the petition and I am very certain it will be rejected by the House of Commons.

The single most important thing in a petition is justification. You have to specify the cause of your objection and provide valid justification for the objection raised. All I see is a one-line statement calling for the ban as implemented by the CBSA to be repealed. Excuse me?With only one line, how do you even expect to convince the Members (especially the fencesitters) to vote in favour of it?

If I were the Speaker, I would have immediately dismissed this kind of one-line petition on the grounds that it was created on a whim. And if I were an elected Member, I would vote against it for the same reason even the issue highlighted is real.

12. Gideons

Gideons

Dec 9, 2015
    Interesting news: W&W just got the first shipment from ZT in years. Also, for the first time in years (if ever?) knifecenter policy has been updated where they will now ship ZT knives to Canada.

13. Knife Outlet

Knife Outlet

Jan 4, 1999
    Imagine how crazy they are going to be when they realize that fixed blade knives are zero hand openers.

FullMetalJackass likes this.
  14. Bad Ninja

Bad Ninja

Dec 19, 2018
    Oh it's coming.
    The plan is to disarm the population.

15. danbot

danbot Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2009
    In other words, the plan is to disarm Toronto. ;)

16. Bad Ninja

Bad Ninja

Dec 19, 2018
    They start with cities, because they can get away with it.
    Then they will disarm the rest of the country.

History is a great teacher.

17. Frozen Bear Trading

Frozen Bear Trading KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 22, 2019
    Sic semper Tyrannis

Laws are ment to be broken. When the people are oppressed they must fight back.

WHAT TO STOP THE BAN?

Smuggle so many of them in they cant stop it. The Canadian government is smoke and mirrors.

I'm sure this message will be taken the wrong way by many. BUT remember you were born free in the image of GOD. YOU dont need permission to own a knife from any one. Any knife. Anywhere.

The deeds of man make a knife evil. So why condemn the good because of the bad ?

FullMetalJackass and brando555 like this.
  18. FullMetalJackass

FullMetalJackass Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Sick, bad tempered tyrans? That's quite the fad lately, like flippers and sub 3 centimeters blades :p

19. Sharp & Fiery

Sharp & Fiery Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 14, 2012
    For me, the main reason to fight this importation ban on knives is this. Once a right has been taken away, it is very difficult and a very time consuming job to try to get it back. This is the way in Canada, and its not just happening with knives.
    People want to feel safe, and the government and agencies are going about it the wrong way.
    I disagree with the ban, and cant wait to vote on our government again. Bye bye.
    I must say, thanks to kniferights hard work and dedication to their work, it looks like some states are starting to think logically. Thats good news!
    Anyways, just my thoughts. I have more, but i dont want to bore you all. Lol.

FullMetalJackass and cbrstar like this.
  20. tim37a

tim37a

May 18, 2010
    Tried to sign it but it won't let me - guess Canadian Border Guards are not interested in the opinions of us Americans.