PM2, Now I get it...

So, just picked up my 1st Paramilitary 2 (in the same week that I also picked up my 1st Para 3 and Manix 2!). I'll be posting a thread soon to give my opinions on all 3 models as a relative newcomer to Spyderco with no previous preferences or prejudices. Out of the 3 models the PM2 has surprised me the most in terms of just feeling right - I don't know why I was surprised based on all the glowing reviews I have read over the last 18 months that brought me to this point, but anyhow I'm a convert after 1 day of carry. Looking forward to putting it to use especially as Cruwear is a steel Ive been wanting to try for a long time.
F4DhSqe.jpg

I waited a long time before pulling the trigger on a PM2, not because I was skeptical of how I'd receive the design, but because I wanted to pick up a sprint - essentially I wanted an upgraded version of arguably the best thing that Spyderco makes (seeing as I only wanted to pick up one due to funds/space in the collection)! I have no idea how, but I managed to snag a DLT exclusive off the exchange and it certainly lives up to the hype! I'd post pictures, but I'm on holidays and it didn't make the trip up with me.

Now I'm just waiting patiently for the REX 45 Military to drop so I can replace my blurple Military!

It was love at first sight for me, then I bought a Military. Slowly fell out of love with the Para2, not sure why. I still like it and still carry one but it just doesn’t seem to be the end all be all knife I thought it was. The Military is the king! :)

Enjoy that bad boy. You got a great knife in a great steel!

I held off for a long time as well. Picked up one of the BHQ M4 DLC models and was very impressed with the platform, but just not crazy about black coated blades or the over abundance of BHQ M4/jade G10 Spydercos. Picked up a KW CF/M4 exclusive and that one just blew me away. Still the only PM2 I currently own, but if another variation comes along that looks intriguing, I may grab it.

In terms of picking up a good one, you sure did. Actually all three of them are pretty awesome. I have several PM2s, and this one has been the most used since I got it.

Sometimes I wish I didn't like the PM2 so much. I have a beautiful Manix that doesn't see very much action.

aD0KQfJ.jpg

dIWfZi8.jpg

Good score OP, I think you will like the Cruwear :thumbsup:

I have a bunch of ZT BM and Spyderco, all different models, except 2 are Millies, and 11 of them are Para2s.
I'm hanging on nervously as I wait for confirmation that a pre-ordered REX45 is on the way to me.
Hello, my name is Brett, and I am an addict :)

Welcome, and have another glass of the kool aid :D You're a goner, for sure, and no going back.

I have a relatively modest knife collection, and have cycled through most of my EDC rotation over the past 2 years, buying and selling and trading... and the PM2 always hangs in there, ready to go. I don't know, is it the definitive Spyderco? Maybe. It sure is for me. Love my 52100 with C.F. scales!

bearfacedkiller bearfacedkiller i agree with you and followed the exact same path as you. For me the Military is the one knife, but the PM2 is damn good! I totally get why everyone loves it

I waited a long time before pulling the trigger on a PM2, not because I was skeptical of how I'd receive the design, but because I wanted to pick up a sprint - essentially I wanted an upgraded version of arguably the best thing that Spyderco makes (seeing as I only wanted to pick up one due to funds/space in the collection)! I have no idea how, but I managed to snag a DLT exclusive off the exchange and it certainly lives up to the hype! I'd post pictures, but I'm on holidays and it didn't make the trip up with me.

Now I'm just waiting patiently for the REX 45 Military to drop so I can replace my blurple Military!
I don't know if it's true but someone on the other forum said if you email knives plus they might have a rex 45 military in stock

Having picked up the Para 3 a few days before the PM2 I really thought the PM2 would just be too large, based on my intended use for a folder as a companion or public friendly alternative to my usual fixed blades. Turns out I was wrong and there is a place for both of them in different situations, again, I plan on posting a thread with my thoughts when I get chance.

Looking forward to your review, I can't decide between the PM2 and the PM3. One more voice in the mix couldn't hurt.

In the past several years, I've cycled through 3 primary EDC knives- left hand CR Sebenza (S30V) that was kicked out for a Spyderco Gayle Bradley and just this year a Spyderco PM2 (KW M4/CF edition). I really like the PM2- light weight, good slicer, etc. And as a southpaw, I even like the standard compression lock. I'm not quite in the cult yet, but will probably get there. Great knife

I've found that although I periodically want other knives, the PM2 is the only folder I really need.

Between the para 2 and Sebenza 21, that’s all I need. I just “want” a Military.:)

I was not a Spyderco fan initially but I ended up getting one out of curiosity.
Several Spyderco's later including the PM2, Delica, Endura,Tenacious, Pacific Salt and Ladybird amongst others I have not looked back.
For me they are the best value top quality knives on the market and the PM2 is the one I enjoy the most.

Just got the same model as you bear71! It's my 6th, though the S30v I gave to a son in law. The PM2 and Delica are probably all I need.

I appreciate my Para2 even more when I start using it again after taking a week break.
I have been rotating all kinds of knives this week then today I carried the Para2.
I missed that killer point when I was carrying my Ouroboros. Doing some piercing cuts; even in plastic packaging the difference was noticeable for sure. I like the Ouroboros to but . . . the Para is more versatile.

Oddly enough I haven't spent any serious time with S30V until I got this knife this year. (My other several Para2s are other steel alloys)
I'm pretty impressed with Spyderco's S30V . It lost it's edge very gradually over weeks while cutting my most challenging material (hard rubber). Even when pretty dull to the touch the edge still was cutting the stuff well with control. This particular Para2 was perfect in every way from the factory. I'm very pleased with it. Thanks Sal and the Golden Gang !
IMG_5157.jpg

I was reading a lot about the PM2 and thought yeah it's probably not that good, so I finally bought one. I wasn't all that impressed when I got it but gradually all of my other carry knives have gone and the ones that I carry the most are the PM2. Everybody is different but for me the PM2 is the closest I have found to the perfect EDC knife.

Back